DO YOUR JOB!!!! - ACCOUNTABILITY?

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
I watched Holsum 1 Holloway's excellent break down of the Clemson game. You can really understand why the coaches were preaching "do your job" during the week preperation for Pitt as Holsum states many times in his break down of nearly 50 plays from the game.

After watching the entire break down, I came away feeling like we beat ourselves more than Clemson beat us. There were individuals not doing their job on certain plays that gave up 1st downs or touch downs that should have been little or no gain. Not that they were defeated by a Clemson player. NO. They were just not in the place they were supposed to be.

You can also see why some of our young players earned and deserve more playing time.

I don't think the coaching staff is holding enough accountability of certain players because I saw those players on the field against Pitt when their play at Clemson should have resulted in a benching or a reduction of playing time. I need to rewatch the Pitt game to see who got snaps at LB and WR and how many.

On defense we were night and day better against the run against Pitt than Clemson, but that's to be expected given the drop off in talent from Clemson to Pitt. Nonetheless, a job well done.

LB play was still disappointing against Pitt's passing game. Certain players look lost in coverage literally staring in the backfield as a Pitt WR or TE runs right past them.

If we can correct our mistakes and get the younger players more snaps on both sides of the ball, I think we'll have a much more competitive game against Clemson if we get that opportunity in the ACC Championship game.

Check out Holsum's break down and post your thoughts.

Advertisement
As a freshman from first day in pads first hitting drill .
I picked out our senior MLB counting spots in line so I knew I’d get my shot hamburger drill.
Brother I hit that beast with all I had all my heart all blood all my passion I did not fall neither did he the team exploded screaming yelling WHOS THIS DUDE WE GOT A BEAST
I went back in line glassy eyed F up bad never showed it though.

I trained for years in little league dreaming training vomiting in the heat of FLA alone dragging a sled with A rope ALL FOR THAT HIT , THAT HIT MY TRAINING DEMANDED THAT HIT

Coaches team knew I’m playing and I’LL DO MY JOB AND BEAT MY MAN PERIOD.

I FOCUSED , it’s not rocket science just a PRICE TO PAY TO WIN

GOCANES

Man, that was really eye-opening to someone as myself - as you get to see it broken down, slowed down, different angles, and replayed for emphasis.

Appreciate that link - we got a bit more work to do - but we have some young stars too!

Holsum 1 usually puts out the game break downs the Tuesday after. He has a good Canes youtube channel. There are some of the players parents in the chat for his live shows.

Advertisement
I watched Holsum 1 Holloway's excellent break down of the Clemson game. You can really understand why the coaches were preaching "do your job" during the week preperation for Pitt as Holsum states many times in his break down of nearly 50 plays from the game.

After watching the entire break down, I came away feeling like we beat ourselves more than Clemson beat us. There were individuals not doing their job on certain plays that gave up 1st downs or touch downs that should have been little or no gain. Not that they were defeated by a Clemson player. NO. They were just not in the place they were supposed to be.

You can also see why some of our young players earned and deserve more playing time.

I don't think the coaching staff is holding enough accountability of certain players because I saw those players on the field against Pitt when their play at Clemson should have resulted in a benching or a reduction of playing time. I need to rewatch the Pitt game to see who got snaps at LB and WR and how many.

On defense we were night and day better against the run against Pitt than Clemson, but that's to be expected given the drop off in talent from Clemson to Pitt. Nonetheless, a job well done.

LB play was still disappointing against Pitt's passing game. Certain players look lost in coverage literally staring in the backfield as a Pitt WR or TE runs right past them.

If we can correct our mistakes and get the younger players more snaps on both sides of the ball, I think we'll have a much more competitive game against Clemson if we get that opportunity in the ACC Championship game.

Clemson had one play where they got 80 plus yards when McClost got victimized. Otherwise they did nothing

season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I feel we beat ourselves against Clemson more than they best us. Now when we get the rematch we'll be more focused and play relaxed

Advertisement

To fix these so called problems you speak of, you have to have smart enough coaches to fix them, I'm just sayin

Roche covers a lot of ground, I wonder if Greg were still here if they would try Roche at OLB? I'd bet he goes to the NFL as a LB

Advertisement
Back