Do we even motion or shift in our offense?

BigDikCane

All-American
Seems like we just line up and run plays out of the same formation. I'm tired of Kaaya looking back at Richt before he snaps the ball. That means Richt doesn't trust Kaaya at all.

Advertisement
Seems like we just line up and run plays out of the same formation. I'm tired of Kaaya looking back at Richt before he snaps the ball. That means Richt doesn't trust Kaaya at all.

There are trying new things. For one that subtle motion with the fullback appeared to have worked today and that's the first we have done that all year. We haven't seen a lot of motions in the offense this year but we did see it with the slight movement from the fullback today

He probably doesn't trust him. Richt's offense requires Kaaya to process much more information than he had been used to his first two years here. As far as shifts and motion and their lack thereof, I would guess that Richt wants to keep things as simple as possible until Kaaya and the rest of the offense proves they can get on the same page and master the basics. I would expect to see much more of the playbook on offense and defense next season for that reason. With a good year under this staff plus another off season these players will know the system that much better and the coaches will have a much better understanding of the roster.

Majority the motion I see is a back , and it's normally a sign a bubble screen or something is going on into that flat. Or to just hold somebody in their some in flat

Other than that I don't see much.

Advertisement

He probably doesn't trust him. Richt's offense requires Kaaya to process much more information than he had been used to his first two years here. As far as shifts and motion and their lack thereof, I would guess that Richt wants to keep things as simple as possible until Kaaya and the rest of the offense proves they can get on the same page and master the basics. I would expect to see much more of the playbook on offense and defense next season for that reason. With a good year under this staff plus another off season these players will know the system that much better and the coaches will have a much better understanding of the roster.

If that's the reasoning, then there's no way BK will make it at the next level and scouts will know this before the draft. Granted, I don't see him at the next level, never have unlike most here.

Scondly, I love Richt, but If this **** is to be believed, it has shades of D'No all over it. My offense is just too complicated for it to be run it competently.

Richt probably got tired off pre snap penalties killing drives. So he scrapped motion until they can work at in off season.

This is why I say we can't wait for Richt to get his play calling game back or continuously tweek his old school offense and techniques. He needs to hire a really sharp Pro Spread Set "OC or Consultant" to add more diversity to the offense and timely play calling.

Advertisement

If that's the reasoning, then there's no way BK will make it at the next level and scouts will know this before the draft. Granted, I don't see him at the next level, never have unlike most here.

Scondly, I love Richt, but If this **** is to be believed, it has shades of D'No all over it. My offense is just too complicated for it to be run it competently.

Except that Richt's offense (assuming it is the same/similar as his previous offenses) has been run successfully by two consistently highly ranked teams.

There were Receivers running around wide open all game. Coley should have had at least two more TD's. He was open on that slant Kaaya overthrew and on an earlier play, there was no one covering him, literally, and Kaaya still handed it off. SMH.

There were Receivers running around wide open all game. Coley should have had at least two more TD's. He was open on that slant Kaaya overthrew and on an earlier play, there was no one covering him, literally, and Kaaya still handed it off. SMH.

Kaaya was REALLY bad yesterday. We should have scored 60.

This is why I say we can't wait for Richt to get his play calling game back or continuously tweek his old school offense and techniques. He needs to hire a really sharp Pro Spread Set "OC or Consultant" to add more diversity to the offense and timely play calling.

Im tired of you posting that. You are so misinformed and ignorant about the offense and why its stagnant its not even funny.

Richt does not need to hire anyone to help him with the offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back