Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach offers and commits tracker

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
@gogeta4 says he has been pounding the table ~10 years for the staff to recruit more in the DMV and Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach area. Staff may be listening. Creating a tracker thread along w/its sibling TX/LA tracker thread. Let me know of names we've offered and I'll update the OP

RecruitStarsPositionCity/StateVisitsHSCollege
Fletcher Westphal4*OLVA

RecruitStarsPositionCity/StateVisitsHSCollege
Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (Wu-Su)4*LBHyattsville, MDIMG

Last edited:
Advertisement
4* LB from Laurel, MD offered. Don't know much about this area. @gogeta4 is this in the area you think we need to be offering?

Laurel is headed Baltimore way.

So not really. iTS LIKE THE MIDDLE PT OF DC and BALTIMORE.

We should sit in PG County/dc area or go to the chesapeake are/hampton roads va area.

We did snatch Tripp from Baltimore last class though

Laurel is headed Baltimore way.

So not really. iTS LIKE THE MIDDLE PT OF DC and BALTIMORE.

We should sit in PG County/dc area or go to the chesapeake are/hampton roads va area.

We did snatch Tripp from Baltimore last class though
Laurel is literally where all those county lines meet - like Montgomery, Anne Arundel, PG and Howard. I’m pretty sure it’s in at least 2 or 3 of those counties.

Having lived in the DMV and Hampton Roads plus Richmond - there’a some good players there. I always thought Hampton Roads had talent.

Laurel is literally where all those county lines meet - like Montgomery, Anne Arundel, PG and Howard. I’m pretty sure it’s in at least 2 or 3 of those counties.

I lived in Laurel, MD many years ago and I lived in the PG County side but was a few blocks from Howard County and literally a few minutes drive from the other aforementioned counties. There is a nearby horse racing track where the Washington Redskins had planned to buy to build new stadium after RFK. I always clowned some of the locals for flip-flopping their allegiances between the Ravens and the Skins...lol

Last edited:
Advertisement

Having lived in the DMV and Hampton Roads plus Richmond - there’a some good players there. I always thought Hampton Roads had talent.

Count me as one of the proponents of recruiting the Baltimore-Washington area. The region has an ever-growing population with lots of families from the Carribbean and west Africa countries. You also have alot of military families....and I've noted over the years that many of the local population have visited soFla for vacation and/or have a favorable opinion of the area. Penn State, Ohio State and the good VT teams have made a living from mining this area for talent.

Last edited:
Raft of offers from Maryland in the last couple of weeks. Any of these in the target area @gogeta4 ?

I lived in the DC area much of my post high school life. All of the areas you mentioned actually in the title.

Gaithersburg is Montgomery County by Rockville in between there and Germantown.

The one in Upper Marlboro is PG County which @gogeta4 has mentioned.

St. Frances is in Baltimore which is not DC though they aren’t so far. That school has been producing a lot of football players.

Advertisement
I lived in the DC area much of my post high school life. All of the areas you mentioned actually in the title.

St. Frances is in Baltimore which is not DC though they aren’t so far. That school has been producing a lot of football players.

Yeap....and many of the kids who play for the private schools may live 1 or more counties away from campus.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 ....

Been in VA (Chesapeake) for awhile now. But y'all already know it's Cane Gang all day! Nephew (Jacoby Marshall 5'11, DB) ballin at Oscar Smith. We still waiting on that UM love! Freshman year, so we got time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_083542.jpg
    IMG_20230509_083542.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 17
We probably missed the window to really recruit the 757. It doesn’t produce the type of talent it once did. Probably because the population shift to the DMV area.

The DMV on the other hand has talent. I’m not going to say a ton of talen, but it’s a good area to cherry pick.

The problem is you already have a few big time programs cherry picking. And then is it really worth it to devote a bunch of staff resources to get into an area that isn’t deep in Tier I recruits, and we wouldn’t be interested in the Tier II recruits?

Advertisement

As a Baltimore native (and just moved out of Baltimore city in January) and current DC resident, I agree 💯 of everything you said. St Francis is a sports school that produces non stop talent for football and basketball.

As a Baltimore native (and just moved out of Baltimore city in January) and current DC resident, I agree 💯 of everything you said. St Francis is a sports school that produces non stop talent for football and basketball.
It wasn’t a school I was familiar with years ago. I don’t know how long they’ve been around. Years back, DeMatha and Gonzaga were big in basketball.

It wasn’t a school I was familiar with years ago. I don’t know how long they’ve been around. Years back, DeMatha and Gonzaga were big in basketball.
Idk how long they've been around but they recently started cranking out studs. Prior to their rise, Gilman was the private powerhouse in the Baltimore area.

Biff Poggi got them going, but he took a job at Michigan either exactly when his son Henry signed with them or a year or two after. When Poggi left, Gilman fell off and St. Francis took their place.

Penn State always recruits heavy in the DMV and Tidewater area. Always a bunch of D1 quality recruits from the DMV Catholic Leagues, such as DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga. Not so much in Northern Virginia, but you can definitely be selective. Some really good trench kids come out of the NoVA public high schools. Coaching is not all that great, but you do have some excellent coaches like Mickey Thompson out of Stonebridge. Let me give you an example. Chandler Zavala was just drafted by the Panthers. Played 1 year of football at Forest Park with my son. No offers other than a Fairmont State. Started 2 years then transferred to NC State. Nice kid hope he sticks.

Advertisement
Back