DL 8 sacks, DBs 6 INTs

what were the sack and INT stats in Randy's last year? they could not have been that bad.

This institutional racism thing is going to build and build if they keep him around.

dline sacks-

bailey -7
regis -3
vernon - 6
ojomo 5
forston 3
marcus robinson 1.5
andrew smith 3
josh holmes 1

35 total sacks

db ints-

ray ray 3
telemaque 3
ryan hill 3
brandon harris 1
dvd 2

16 total int's

Last edited:
Advertisement
All teams game plans vs UM should be run it right down their throat, they cant stop it

Exactly. We were fortunate to play two stupid finesse teams in Cincinnati and North Carolina that basically didn't try to run. Virginia Tech panicked early in the game and asked Brewer to throw almost without exception. Once they regrouped after halftime and ran the ball at us they easily could have gotten back into that game minus the three lost fumbles in the third quarter.

As I emphasized prior to the Florida State game, they were a favorite to regroup and assert the physical superiority if they simply realized the value of running the ball smack at us. Instead we again got lucky when Fisher came out throwing. After falling behind last week against Florida, the Seminoles decided to run the ball often and did so successfully against a vastly superior defensive front than ours.

We had a nonsense thread here after the Florida State game, stating that Florida State coaches told Miami coaches that we were the best team they had faced in two years. If they were stupid enough to believe that it was largely because they weren't smart enough to ruthlessly exploit our greatest weakness.

Everybody says the Canes suffered a letdown the past two weeks. A big part of that was the matchups. Virginia will run smack at you if they sense vulnerability. Pittsburgh has become a blue collar double tight end running team. If the schedule had allowed two cupcake passing teams to end the season we easily could have camouflaged our defensive front and escaped with two wins.

Not surprising in the least. People have a lot of balls to blame the players for mostly doing what they're told to do. At least when it comes to front "4" play, we're primarily asking our guys to contain.

I'd be angry if I didn't get that **** out of my system last year.

Advertisement
Something tells me that if we let our guys pin their ears back every play...the old Miami way...we'd be pretty good at it.

AQM
McCord
Thomas
Kamalu
Chickillo

Etc...

Gettin' after it every play. I think we'd be pretty good.

Something tells me that if we let our guys pin their ears back every play...the old Miami way...we'd be pretty good at it.

AQM
McCord
Thomas
Kamalu
Chickillo

Etc...

That's a nasty 4-3 DL.

AQM
McCord
Thomas
Kamalu
Chickillo

Etc...

But wait, think players then plays. Then take a 4-3 personnel and put them in a 3-4. **** you Al Golden, you lied to us from day 1.

Advertisement

AQM
McCord
Thomas
Kamalu
Chickillo

Etc...

It was a bit of a running joke, but I caught Chick literally frog leaping laterally a bunch on Saturday. The reason it became a joke is that they got us in a long cadence once and Chick did it a couple seconds before the snap. For shame. Poor dudes.

That's the most tragic **** I've ever read. Our talent could be actively avoiding sacks & Ints and match those numbers.

Advertisement
what were the sack and INT stats in Randy's last year? they could not have been that bad.

This institutional racism thing is going to build and build if they keep him around.

dline sacks-

bailey -7
regis -3
vernon - 6
ojomo 5
forston 3
marcus robinson 1.5
andrew smith 3
josh holmes 1

35 total sacks

db ints-

ray ray 3
telemaque 3
ryan hill 3
brandon harris 1
dvd 2

16 total int's

2010 defense was really good... Their only flaw was that they were due to give up one long run every game... Their stats would have been better if they didn't give up one long run every game... Their issue was J12... He had a terrible year... However, that team did everything well except consistently pass the ball well... Our running backs were productive, our special teams were good, and our defense was strong... 2010 was definitely a year of underachievement but this year was just straight up bad... The sad thing is we're losing all of our playmakers...

Advertisement
Back