Ditching cable

Advertisement
PS Vue does and much better quality and interface then YT TV and then throw in Red Zone, no brainer for Vue.

How much do you pay for Vue? Never met anyone that has it.

I’m in hog heaven as I own Vizio TVs and they just added YT TV as an app in their smart cast so it’s very easy to use.

Great for anyone wanting to watch TV with simplicity.

How much do you pay for Vue? Never met anyone that has it.

I’m in hog heaven as I own Vizio TVs and they just added YT TV as an app in their smart cast so it’s very easy to use.

Great for anyone wanting to watch TV with simplicity.

$40 for the lowest one but you need the middle one to be able to add Red Zone which comes out to about $55 or $60 I believe? I get it every single football season around the end of August and then cancel at the end of the season.
The biggest win for Vue is on a PS4 you can do multiscreen and watch 4 games at once. Its fantastic.

Since I don't pay it, the joke is on my wife... our comcast bill is $244. I am really thinking about switching but there's a lot to consider. I have home alarm with them so a good cheap alternative is what? Ring? I need to look at all my provider alternatives but we must have a good sports package and Showtime, HBO etc.
Simplisafe is great, $24.99/mo for interactive 24/7 monitoring

Advertisement
What are the 4 channels?

All I’m missing from YT TV is HGTV. Good thing we have a Hulu account.
VH1, Bravo, MTV and Lifetime. Actually just saw that HD Homerun has come out with a streaming service that has all of them for $34.99 but no locals. They started out as a box to stream and record locals from an antenna though, so that makes sense

I use my dads cable login via watch espn app. Tbh the app is not very good and you have awkward blackouts during commercial breaks.
Still, it's free. Been doing this for years: XFinity Wi-Fi plus WatchESPN. All on family member's internet plus cable.

Advertisement
I think your post pretty much summarizes the issues as they are TODAY, especially with live sports.

I have Apple TV, DirecTV (just for NFL Sunday ticket) and UVerse TV as well. Yes, our house is Grand Central Station on weekends, especially Sundays. All this with a shltty 25 mbps coax bandwidth. Supposedly sometime this year uverse is improving to fiber optic throughout. I’m hoping it’s true.

My goal is to ditch as much of the UVerse TV pkg as possible, just keep the basics, and get my premium stuff in a cord cutting fashion from Apple TV - the premium stuff - HBO and other movie channels Netflix, etc. I really like the Apple TV except for live sports.

But eventually, I want to complately cut the cord. When? I think it’s going to take about 3 years to reach the right combination of bandwidth and price point.
Fiber Optic will soon be so yesterday. What's that new technology, 5 LG? Supposed to be fast enough to eliminate cable and fiber optic.

Thanks for the info. Sounds great
Montgomery County Maryland actually created the Monopoly 35 years ago by competitive bidding and granting a single franchise. That passed through different hands over the years and is now owned by Comcast. Very little competition. Comcast tied down a lot of exclusive contracts in apartment buildings so now Verizon can't come in and doesn't even try to break the stranglehold.

I don't have AT&T and my DTVN HBO add on is only $5. Might be because I live in a market where AT&T is not an option, though. I network systems engineer for an ISP--won't say which one, and I know we have different pricing tiers for competitive and non-competitive markets and also different price tiers based on whether we are the incumbent telco or a CLEC.
Comcast rips off customers in my market. They have a Monopoly and enforce exclusive deals with apartment complexes. So they lock Verizon FIOS out if a lot of buildings. AT&T used to be here, but they left.

I know Comcast never offers the kind if deals it offers in other parts of the country. I used to see posts on Fatwallet or Slickdeals about Comcast promotions but they were never offered in my area.

That's why I'm happy to use my sister's login for Comcast Wi-Fi and most of her cable channels, including ESPN.

Advertisement
Back