Difference Makers

Advertisement
We had difference makers on the team this year and lost 7 games.

This staff could pull #1 class every year and it wouldn't matter.

If there's anything the failure and rebirth of ND and FSU football over the years should have taught you, it's that impact players matter, but impact coaching matters most.

I disagree with the difference makers bit

Calloway has legit 4.3 speed. He could be a Dorsett type for us at WR
Dexter Williams he very shifter he will get a like a yards after the catch weather he is a WR or RB
Scarlett will have multiple 1000 yard season in his career
Devante Peete is BIG 6-5 and FAST 4.5 I be shocked if he doesn't end up in the NFL

I see nothing but difference makings in the 2015 class

Very nice! It took me all the way to Jordan Scarlett to see what you were doin there...

That is the problem with this class.

-Dexter Williams and Jordan Scarlett were your big play difference makers at running back. Stack that on the last few cycle's misses of Alex Collins, Sony Michel, Dalvin Cook, Brandon Powell.

-You fail to bring in guys at wide receiver like Da'Vante Phillips and Calvin Ridley. Take it back to last year whiffing on Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane, and Johnnie Dixon.

-This year they fail to grab a game-changing cornerback. Even more disturbing when you factor in how many quality ones were in South Florida.

-Where is the playmaking defensive tackle in this class? I see no savages that will come in and anchor a defense.

A very underwhelming haul. Where are the homerun hitters? Where are the explosive athletes?

This class is short on the typical SoFla speed and playmaking you expect to see at Miami. It's all going to other schools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even at Clappy and Shammin's worst, they still didn't stink this hard at recruiting. It takes real effort for this staff to not get anyone or a couple of 5 stars. I don't know what sort of talk is being said between hs coaches, but it must be bad.

How do you know if a kid is a difference maker if he hasn't set foot on campus? If you can tell who are the difference makers, can you tell who are going to be a bust before coming on campus? Just curious

I think the OL are probably going to end up being the best players from this class. I have a lot of confidence in Kehoe being able to coach these kids up and turning them into starters, or good rotational guys.

If we goth Chatman, I think he'd be an instant impact guy. I really don't know what to expect from Cager though.]

Walton will be an impact guy, just because immediately he is a top 2 RB on the team, in a backfield that isn't deep. So he will definitely get a lot of PT.

Not sure how much Jaquan will play as a frosh, but I do think that TE we got can easily be a impact guy. We only really have Dobard, so I think he can really get a lot of PT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back