Did we recruit Mecole Hardman

Advertisement
Coach Richt at the time recruited him.... GA was stack with RB'S didn't make any sense to go there. No lie though, Coach Richt was a monsta in the recruiting game. He had them rouge boosters backing him In good ole' Georgia .

" Crazy that the sometimes in life the people that back you are the ones that is quick to ex you".

Go Canes!

I just wish one recruit who was solid with us, or any other non bagging school. would film himself taking bags from others, just to freaking stick it to the cheaters. Actually, I wish about 50 would do it. The NCAA is so **** rigged now it's getting into professional wrestling territory. Someone, somehow, needs to blow the lid off the entire thing.

The SEC changed the recruiting rules in South Florida around 01-03. Richt was a monster recruiter at UGA, average here. I think he figured out the game very quickly that UM didn't have the network setup like the SEC has set up shop in Florida. The Foundations have their grimy fingerprints all over South and Central Florida.

Just accept that we will get a few 4 stars and lots of high 3's and the occasional 5. Until some very rich, very silent booster sets up a network that can allow our coaching staph to work, it is what it is.

And I get a kick out of all the chumps in the NFL talking about Miami was their dream school. ***** you It wasn't. Bet if I went to their Twitter feed, the day the committed to UGA, Bama, or Clemson, there was a "respect my decision" post.

The SEC changed the recruiting rules in South Florida around 01-03. Richt was a monster recruiter at UGA, average here. I think he figured out the game very quickly that UM didn't have the network setup like the SEC has set up shop in Florida. The Foundations have their grimy fingerprints all over South and Central Florida.

Just accept that we will get a few 4 stars and lots of high 3's and the occasional 5. Until some very rich, very silent booster sets up a network that can allow our coaching staph to work, it is what it is.

And I get a kick out of all the chumps in the NFL talking about Miami was their dream school. ***** you It wasn't. Bet if I went to their Twitter feed, the day the committed to UGA, Bama, or Clemson, there was a "respect my decision" post.
Yep. They sell themselves like a $5 ***** and they want my respect. Nah. I'll save my respect for people who deserve it.

Advertisement
Dwayne Bowe in the 03 class to LSU.
Max Jean-Gillis in the 04 class to UGA.
Dee Morley in 05 class to Tennessee.

Those were the first 3 bagged players I remember in following recruiting.

Dwayne Bowe in the 03 class to LSU.
Max Jean-Gillis in the 04 class to UGA.
Dee Morley in 05 class to Tennessee.

Those were the first 3 bagged players I remember in following recruiting.
Absophuckinglutely, especially Bowe and Jean-Gillis, the CB kid that went to LSU was also a big sign that LSU got in the game. Low and behold, Saban goes to Bama, Bama sets up their network like he did at LSU and they start taking Florida kids. Clemson hires a couple of SEC offshoots and low and behold, they start taking Florida kids. UGA hires Saban offshoots, low and behold, they start taking Florida kids. It's not that those programs never took Florida kids before, but they never took the 5 stars away from all 3 Florida programs time and time again. You'd think the Big 3 in Florida would shut this bull**** down, but its gotten worse and us, FSU, and UF have suffered for it. I've earned to accept it. I mean, Arkansas took a needed RB from South Florida from us. That's utter lunacy.

It's not so much that these guys don't have legit interest, it's that interest is all it is. Like in a perfect world I'd go to Miami, but in the real world I've got people offering me "perks" to play for them and I'm not stupid. Somebody's going to give my dad a job/pay the rent/get me a car...whatever, it's kinda hard not to take that.

It's not that I don't believe a lot of these kids grew up loving Miami, it's that when it's decision time I don't think that matters very much.

I try to think about it like I do with my own life. When I was applying for colleges, I got accepted to Michigan, Michigan State and Miami. However, I ended up going to a smaller school in Michigan (Oakland University) because my college was free, where as the other 3 I would've had to pay and would've been in serious debt. For people who can't rationalize kids doing something that benefits them more, I don't understand

Advertisement

Bags and silent boosters certainly help but so does winning the coastal. A recruit doesn't need a silent booster as a deciding factor between 7-5 Pinstripe bowl runner-ups or a national championship contender. Miami was a dream school but then common sense has to kick in. Let's beat significantly lesser talented Virginia, UNC, Duke first then we can talk about bags...

Bags and silent boosters certainly help but so does winning the coastal. A recruit doesn't need a silent booster as a deciding factor between 7-5 Pinstripe bowl runner-ups or a national championship contender. Miami was a dream school but then common sense has to kick in. Let's beat significantly lesser talented Virginia, UNC, Duke first then we can talk about bags...
Nobody's saying Miami football has done it's part to keep these kids home, but there's more to it. Even if we win the Coastal the next 3 years, you'll still see some kids pull this. They commit to Miami and talk us up, then late in the season they have a "change of heart" which just happens to come right after they had saban over the crib for dinner.

In the end, Miami needs to do a better job with what they can control...winning games. Win more games, you'll get more kids. Not many of the best ones, but more. And maybe that'll be enough.

The So Fla kids aren't stupid.
They know if they all got together and signed with Miami, they would be a national championship contender within a year or two, with even an average coach.
**** , Coker won a Natty.
But right now there's no "incentive" to do so.

Advertisement
Absophuckinglutely, especially Bowe and Jean-Gillis, the CB kid that went to LSU was also a big sign that LSU got in the game. Low and behold, Saban goes to Bama, Bama sets up their network like he did at LSU and they start taking Florida kids. Clemson hires a couple of SEC offshoots and low and behold, they start taking Florida kids. UGA hires Saban offshoots, low and behold, they start taking Florida kids. It's not that those programs never took Florida kids before, but they never took the 5 stars away from all 3 Florida programs time and time again. You'd think the Big 3 in Florida would shut this bull**** down, but its gotten worse and us, FSU, and UF have suffered for it. I've earned to accept it. I mean, Arkansas took a needed RB from South Florida from us. That's utter lunacy.

Yeah and he was actually committed to us first.....

Advertisement
Back