Did we Even Attempt to Throw Over the Middle of the Field?

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
Look I know the wide receivers suck; they can't create separation, drop too many balls and NONE of the upperclassmen have that dog in them to fight during a 50/50 ball.

But did King even look towards the middle of the field tonight? I don't think we completed one pass for more than 6 yards in that vicinity. I know we've been clamoring for more deep balls but my lord that was the route of choice every other throw! Even when we didn't go deep, a majority of the attempted throws were towards the sidelines. What happened to attacking the middle of the field? I didn't even see many route concepts in this area, again everything towards the sidelines and deep.

Lashlee is not immune to criticism; the man let us down tonight with the playcalling, and if anyone defends it, they're a slurper.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look I know the wide receivers suck; they can't create separation, drop too many balls and NONE of the upperclassmen have that dog in them to fight during a 50/50 ball.

But did King even look towards the middle of the field tonight? I don't think we completed one pass for more than 6 yards in that vicinity. I know we've been clamoring for more deep balls but my lord that was the route of choice every other throw! Even when we didn't go deep, a majority of the attempted throws were towards the sidelines. What happened to attacking the middle of the field? I didn't even see many route concepts in this area, again everything towards the sidelines and deep.

Lashlee is not immune to criticism; the man let us down tonight with the playcalling, and if anyone defends it, they're a slurper.
I have to watch the game again. Hopefully the Skycam is available for rewatch. I think they doubled our TEs because Clemson was playing 1v1 man on WRs with no fear ad no safety help. That freed up their safeties to double our TEs. I thought we should have got the RBs more involved in the passing game.

Our, -few-, successful passes were in the middle.

So glad we tried pounding the rock with inside zone runs and going for deep balls instead.

Advertisement
Lashlee re-earned his nickname from UAB - "Uptempo Richt"

If you watched this game without knowing our coaching staff you would have legit thought Richt was calling plays again plus some tempo. And all that after a bye week? LOL at Lash, big disappointment tonight

All you needed to watch is that 4th and 1 run with Knighton.

Straight trash.
It was there still...Got**** Jakai Clark couldnt get out of his own way and make a block that would of popped for 5+ yards.

I do hope Lashlee adds some different run concepts because...MAN...against any team with some sort of dl talent ..that lone zone read run he calls aint going to pop. I mean even teams like uab held it...other than Cam poppin long ones to save it. It was frustrating to watch our run game tonight. Venerables had the glitch with the 3 man front...i mean King was still reading the end when the lb was the end man to read and was gonna be free and hauling *** on that every play (#10). From the first offensive series i knew our zone read run game was DEAD for the night becuase of Clemson's alignment

It was there still...Got**** Jakai Clark couldnt get out of his own way and make a block that would of popped for 5+ yards.

I do hope Lashlee adds some different run concepts because...MAN...against any team with some sort of dl talent ..that lone zone read run he calls aint going to pop. I mean even teams like uab held it...other than Cam poppin long ones to save it. It was frustrating to watch our run game tonight. Venerables had the glitch with the 3 man front...i mean King was still reading the end when the lb was the end man to read and was gonna be free and hauling *** on that every play (#10). From the first offensive series i knew our zone read run game was DEAD for the night becuase of Clemson's alignment
I am still trying to figure out why Clark was playing over Nelson and Treore. When Clark did have penalties, Clark was getting handled and bullied. Plus, the run game was also hampered because Clemson crowded the line of scrimmage and dared us to throw.

Advertisement
Throwing over the middle usually requires the WR to get separation which hasnt happened at Miami in 5+ years. We have a bunch of midgets that cant catch, cant get separation, run horrible routes etc.. You can tell these kids grew up relying on speed which they could get away with but now that people are as fast or faster...........well watch miami games

Well that's the thing. It wasn't working all night yet he still tries it late on a critical down with our smallest back. I'd rather see Burns try to muscle his way for half a yard than Knighton.

Clemson sold out of his tendencies and he never adjusted. **** just a simple QB sneak there even would've been better.

People forget where lashlee has been coaching the last few years. There was no clemsons

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back