Did Richt scout FSU's defense?

terdferguson

Junior
Seems like a silly question, but I wonder. LUCane mentioned that we had a number of sets that we hadn't shown that we used in the FSU game. I don't follow this sort of thing close enough to comment, but I have no reason to think he's making it up. If Richt did hold back some looks just for FSU, it stands to reason that he planned this from early on in the season. Meanwhile tape was being recorded on how to not only defeat, but destroy FSU's defense. Did he eschew that tape and instead go with what he had already planned?

If he felt confident that his plan would work, it might not be far fetched. There's further evidence. I read a lot on the fsu boards before the game. Their fans mentioned a couple things repeatedly that their defense simply could not stop. One was stacked receivers. Another was crossing routes. The last one was the hurry up. We tried hurry up and it got derailed by stupid penalties or odd, ill timed game stoppages. Ok. Where the **** were the crossing routes and stacked receivers though? I have to think that if we did our homework, we would have at least tested these guys with these concepts.

Advertisement
It's pretty much the norm to keep your playbook as vanilla as can be until you get into conference play.

Advertisement
Back