Diaz faces tough questions on defense and Baker following UNC, talks bowl prep

View as article
Advertisement
The conundrum Manny faces is if he fires Baker, he’s basically admitting His defense is flawed. Is he, will he, be willing to accept that reality and make the necessary changes? Time will tell in short order.

Blake and Manny are one in the same.

Dislike or loath Blake defensive performances? You gotta feel the same way about Manny because it's his defensive scheme Baker is running.

"“The defensive staff, not really all that dissimilar to when I was defensive coordinator,” Diaz said. “We all game plan together throughout the course of the week. I’m in every defensive meeting that ever takes place. Blake (Baker) as a defensive coordinator organizes all the practices and I’m on the defensive field the entire practices. And Blake calls defenses on gameday." from 1st post in thread

Firing Baker is not going to help us if Manny's still around.

Manny still thinks his outdated scheme is great 😳😱 and will probably insist whoever is at DC use it. The predictable blitz blitz and blitz some more scheme was overrated and became stale and easily countered years before he became HC by the better teams, Now almost every team has an answer to it.

Having a good OC and DC will not solve our problems if the HC has capabilities far below them....so even if Manny completely gets out of their way...then what's the use of even having him here?

For those who are interested, this is a really good read.

Brian Kelly has skills and resources that Manny can only dream about.

Since we stomped ND a few years ago the trajectory of both teams has been totally different

As much as I've always hated ND....if we played them now IMO it would be a blowout in their favor

I sure as **** hope so, but my fear is the defense has an average performance in the bowl game and manny keeps him around. He has already laid the foundation for it weeks ago with his quotes about how defense in college fb is different now, games are high scoring, etc.

If Baker is calling defense against Texas, don’t expect an average performance. Tom Herman needs to blow us out to cool his own seat down.

Advertisement
The conundrum Manny faces is if he fires Baker, he’s basically admitting His defense is flawed. Is he, will he, be willing to accept that reality and make the necessary changes? Time will tell in short order.
He doesn't have to admit a thing 😂

Fact is...the defense needs a seasoned DC...and not someone learning on the job

And the next DC should be able to bring in the position coaches that will help as well

He doesn't have to admit a thing 😂

Fact is...the defense needs a seasoned DC...and not someone learning on the job

And the next DC should be able to bring in the position coaches that will help as well
We all know his defense needs an overhaul. My point was does he? And if he does, is he willing to admit it does thus admitting it is flawed.

Advertisement
Back