Diaz at texas

itsacanething

Senior
what went wrong there? texas guy in my office says robinson came in the year after and was much more successful with the same guys.

Advertisement
Robinson didn't take over the next year because mack *** got fired. He took over during the season and they still wasn't that good. Had a few good games though.

Robinson didn't take over the next year because mack *** got fired. He took over during the season and they still wasn't that good. Had a few good games though.

ended up pretty good. led the conference in sacks and held down Oregon in the final game. i have faith in Richt and his decisions. but 500 yards rushing to BYU. how does that happen?

Texas was a dumpster fire that year. He replaced Mushchump in 2011 after Texas went 5-7 and the team D improved until the meltdown in 2013 that cost Mack his job.

Advertisement
Diaz sucked and flamed out violently at Texas. Anyone who tries to excuse that away is a dyck eating faqcit. It doesn't mean he'll definitely suck here, but he was a cataclysmic failure there.

Texas was a dumpster fire that year. He replaced Mushchump in 2011 after Texas went 5-7 and the team D improved until the meltdown in 2013 that cost Mack his job.

not just that. he had experiance everywhere his first year finished 11th. the next year had to replace his entire lb corp and the new guys weren't up to speed. they were starting i believe a true freshman, redshirt freshman and sophmore at lb. his cb's and safeties were young. he took a step back and it didn't get any better.

part of it is recruits that were 5 stars didn't pan out and some of it was he was to aggressive and wasn't able to play his fire blitzes his way. he has learned from that flame out which was 1 yr 2 games. rest of his career has been pretty **** good. even **** labeu had down years with pitts d.

i expect him to do much better at miami do to experiance and learnign when to be agressive and when not to be.

The Texas defense did not improve under Diaz.

You are correct.

2009: 3rd
2010: 6th

Diaz

2011: 11th
2012: 68th
2013: Fired the 2nd game after giving up 679 yards, 550 yards to BYU

Like Chise said, anyone making excuses for Diaz at Texas should just stop. He failed and did it in impressive fashion.

Advertisement
The Texas defense did not improve under Diaz.

You are correct.

2009: 3rd
2010: 6th

Diaz

2011: 11th
2012: 68th
2013: Fired the 2nd game after giving up 679 yards, 550 yards to BYU

Like Chise said, anyone making excuses for Diaz at Texas should just stop. He failed and did it in impressive fashion.

In 2010 Texas was 49th in points allowed per game. In 2011 they were 33rd in points allowed per game. That's an improvement. But fell off in 2012 to 74th. Anyway I was living in Austin 2009-2011 those three years and everyone agreed that the defence was much improved, teams record improved and muschump was a chump.

2012 FBS (I-A) College Football Team Statistics Leaders for Total - ESPN

Last edited:
Mack wasnt getting any studs in there... Their rankings were grossly over hyped just because they were Texas as its obvious to everyone that Baylor, A&M, Tech (to an extent), and TCU were bring in true studs...

Diaz might not be gods gift to the defense but he seriously didnt have much talent in an air raid style conference not to mention good ole boy mack still wanted input on the way diaz ran his defense

anyone still bringing up **** diaz did 3 years ago should just move on and stop creating and replying to repeat threads .

FIFY

I wasn't trying to throw shade on Diaz. Just looking to counter the Texas guy saying Diaz wasn't any good. To say I'm a little concerned would be a lie. I'm just trying to trust the coach like I always do. Richt definitely earned the trust.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back