Devin Hester Miami Hurricanes Career Highlights

@Rellyrell...just like how Bob Hayes was responsible for Prevent/Nickle Defenses...Anytime you have an impact like those 2 mentioned speaks volumes...

Couldn’t have said it better. Plus, he’s considered a top 100 player OF ALL TIME! We’re not talking about the best kicker or punter who are key ST guys; we’re talking about a guy who’s primary responsibilities was to return kicks. Lol. He was so great at that ability, the NFL voted him as top 100. Lol.

Shame on the Chicago Bears & UF alum Rex Gross-man wasting Devin’s opening Kick Off (1st & only time that’s been done in SB history) and not getting my man a ring for his efforts.

Advertisement
THANK YOU!

This is y he needs to be in the HOF. Hester would’ve had 30 return TDs and 3 more PBS on his resume had the NFL not changed the kickoff rules and PB selection process, and it was b/c of Hester. Teams literally had no choice but to give my Bears good field position or take a chance and kick it to Hester. That’s HOF worthy. Just like Steph Curry changed the nature of the NBA, Hester changed Special Teams. That’s special.

He and Steve Tasker are the best ST guys of all time, but it’s Hester by a land slide. He better get in.
Kind of funny how we saw it happen in college too😂 in 2004 hester had his best year by far because in 2005 teams would rather give us great field position than risk giving up 6

THANK YOU!

This is y he needs to be in the HOF. Hester would’ve had 30 return TDs and 3 more PBS on his resume had the NFL not changed the kickoff rules and PB selection process, and it was b/c of Hester. Teams literally had no choice but to give my Bears good field position or take a chance and kick it to Hester. That’s HOF worthy. Just like Steph Curry changed the nature of the NBA, Hester changed Special Teams. That’s special.

He and Steve Tasker are the best ST guys of all time, but it’s Hester by a land slide. He better get in.
I think the media is going to make sure he gets in, I haven’t seen many people who disagree that he deserves a spot

Couldn’t have said it better. Plus, he’s considered a top 100 player OF ALL TIME! We’re not talking about the best kicker or punter who are key ST guys; we’re talking about a guy who’s primary responsibilities was to return kicks. Lol. He was so great at that ability, the NFL voted him as top 100. Lol.

Shame on the Chicago Bears & UF alum Rex Gross-man wasting Devin’s opening Kick Off (1st & only time that’s been done in SB history) and not getting my man a ring for his efforts.

Hester should have been the MVP of that SB even though the Bears lost. He completely changed the Colts game plan as far as kickoff and punts were concerned. He affected that game more than Peyton did. I love Peyton and was glad he got a ring but Hester was the MVP of that game.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Hester should have been the MVP of that SB even though the Bears lost. He completely changed the Colts game plan as far as kickoff and punts were concerned. He affected that game more than Peyton did. I love Peyton and was glad he got a ring but Hester was the MVP of that game.

GO CANES!!!!
If Hester got plays on offense that game he honestly could have gotten it. Maybe a few trick plays

Advertisement
Still do not understand why we don't utilize players like we utilized Hester
If he got 5-10 offensive touches a game he could have gone down as one of the best hurricanes of all time. Not saying that he isn’t already but he could have had 10+ TD’s on offense

Hester’s use, or lack thereof, was discussed endlessly on the boards at the time. The rumor from “insiders” was that he simply couldn’t learn the most basic of plays with enough consistency for the coaches to trust him in a game. Notice that in the pros, even with far more practice time, he wasn’t used extensively either.

Hester had about 3 years in Chicago where he was used as an outside WR & was able to put up some good numbers at WR, but it has to be kept in mind he was playing with Kyle Orton & Jay Cutler.

Hester is by far the greatest & most electric dynamic return man in the history of NFL & College. He was truly a one of a kind player.

I still to this day believe because of how dynamic he was with the ball in his hands that was basically force fed into the WR position, but I believe if he had been put at CB & taught the techniques he would've been an all-pro CB, maybe not as good as Deion Sanders but close.

Either way, he made his impact in the return game & there will never be another player that was as great as a return man as he was. Hester was the most dangerous PR/KR ever in the his of the game, he had a Randy Moss-like impact on Special Teams.

Advertisement
Hester’s use, or lack thereof, was discussed endlessly on the boards at the time. The rumor from “insiders” was that he simply couldn’t learn the most basic of plays with enough consistency for the coaches to trust him in a game. Notice that in the pros, even with far more practice time, he wasn’t used extensively either.
Of course, every time he was in on offense he ran the same pitch play about 80% of the time and the defense knew it was coming but still couldn’t stop him

One of the most unique talents ever to set foot on a football field - I love Hester, I go back and forth on "favorite players" but he always ends up there so I guess I'll just have to say he is my favorite Cane ever. That return against Louisville doesn't get enough love...one of my favorite moments (even though we shouldn't have been in that spot...but we're talking Hester here).
I wish we could get a player like him back that’s so entertaining

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back