Detroit Free Press Writers

In listening to their Podcast tonight, they don't think D'Eriq King can get it done, Canes OL can't come together and Hard Rock Stadium won't be a factor as far as crowd noise. Guess they haven't been to Hard Rock. Gotta love those homers, one of whom predicted that MSU will once again score on the first play of the game. The old flea flicker is alive and well, raving about MSU offense, Walker etc. Time to show up and BE LOUD.
LETS GO CANES :hair-fire::stormwarningflag-sm:

They ain't wrong and I'm sorry but a nooner at HRC is hardly an intimidating atmosphere for opponents. The heat will be a bigger factor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Detroit media covered Michigan State from a distance in the best of times. Not the sharpest cats. These days, they make the South Florida media look like savants, so anything they say is irrelevant.

Live look in on Detroit Free Press podcasters

qJmO4VO.gif

In listening to their Podcast tonight, they don't think D'Eriq King can get it done, Canes OL can't come together and Hard Rock Stadium won't be a factor as far as crowd noise. Guess they haven't been to Hard Rock. Gotta love those homers, one of whom predicted that MSU will once again score on the first play of the game. The old flea flicker is alive and well, raving about MSU offense, Walker etc. Time to show up and BE LOUD.

If you think crowd noise is going to be a factor for a noon kickoff against Michigan State, one might wonder if you've ever been to Hard Rock—outside of a Florida State or Notre Dame showdown. Half of Miami isn't even awake at noon, let alone liquored-up for hours tailgating and ready to raise ****. They're not wrong with the sentiment.

I will be pleasantly shocked if the Canes win this game. Miami struggles against the Big Ten and this team is vulnerable as **** right now at 1-1, coming off that App State nailbiter.

Canes eked out a win against Central Michigan, 17-12 in similar fashion two years ago—only to wind up in a 28-0 hole against Virginia Tech the next time they took the field.

Hoping Manny surprises the college football world and has his team ready, but at 15-11 since taking over, I'll have to see it to believe it. Done with any benefit of the doubt anymore.

Advertisement
You guys act like it's November. Stop thinking the heat will wear them down. I live in Chicago and it was hotter here than in Miami just two weeks ago at the end of August for a stretch when I was down in Miami. It's been summer for the last 3 months. I think everyone in the country is pretty used to hot weather at this point.

What's wrong with reading and or hearing an opposing view point surrounding the game? After all, what the Spartan sports scribes suggest is absolutely true!! In other words, Miami's O-line wasn't that impressive against mighty Appalachian St. Albeit they had a lot of positive moments during the game, but NOT ENOUGH IMPRESSIVE eternal moments. What? And dig this too! Michigan St, and a lot of conference members, FORTE is the trenches. Both OL and DL!! And if you DON'T believe it. Then review the 1st, 2nd and 3r quarters of Miami's game against mighty Wisconsin in a FOURTH-RATE Gotham Bowl!! Wisconsin simply PUNKED Miami's lines on the both sides of LOS.

Also, I can dig those Spartan media hounds opinion about the crowd issue. Seriously I can. Because the Spartans generally play in FULL HOUSE packed stadiums!!! And that's the vast majority of the time. Of course the exception to rule is away games against such teams as Northwestern, for example. But even an " 80% " stadium in suburbia Evanston, IIinois will GENERATE MORE noise, relatively speaking, than say 41,000 or 44,000 in attendance than Hardrock. And " acoustics " be damned. Laughing out loud. Heck, even LOWLY Nebraska would have 89,000 rabid fool-hearted fans in their beloved house of worship, to watch the game against the Spartans. I say fool-hearted because like a lot of Miami fans, they too still LIVE IN THE PAST concerning their beloved football team. So that's why I agree with their opinion about Miami's fans NOT being that much of an hinderance and all that. Peace.

The bottom line: Is the vast majority of Big Ten enclaves are COLLEGE TOWNS. And it seems to me those places generate a different type of stadium atmosphere than say Miami's rented Hardrock. huh? Good day and good evening.

You guys act like it's November. Stop thinking the heat will wear them down. I live in Chicago and it was hotter here than in Miami just two weeks ago at the end of August for a stretch when I was down in Miami. It's been summer for the last 3 months. I think everyone in the country is pretty used to hot weather at this point.

I think the point of the weather comments was to site one of various reasons why the stadium won’t be packed on Saturday… Fighting the heat to watch a team that won’t make it worth your time. After all, miami fans in general tend to be fair weather fans 😂.

Here is an unfortunate comparison…. FSU has been pure garbage for 2 or 3 years now and still filled up their stadium for their opening game. We had a half empty stadium for our first game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's wrong with reading and or hearing an opposing view point surrounding the game? After all, what the Spartan sports scribes suggest is absolutely true!! In other words, Miami's O-line wasn't that impressive against mighty Appalachian St. Albeit they had a lot of positive moments during the game, but NOT ENOUGH IMPRESSIVE eternal moments. What? And dig this too! Michigan St, and a lot of conference members, FORTE is the trenches. Both OL and DL!! And if you DON'T believe it. Then review the 1st, 2nd and 3r quarters of Miami's game against mighty Wisconsin in a FOURTH-RATE Gotham Bowl!! Wisconsin simply PUNKED Miami's lines on the both sides of LOS.

Also, I can dig those Spartan media hounds opinion about the crowd issue. Seriously I can. Because the Spartans generally play in FULL HOUSE packed stadiums!!! And that's the vast majority of the time. Of course the exception to rule is away games against such teams as Northwestern, for example. But even an " 80% " stadium in suburbia Evanston, IIinois will GENERATE MORE noise, relatively speaking, than say 41,000 or 44,000 in attendance than Hardrock. And " acoustics " be damned. Laughing out loud. Heck, even LOWLY Nebraska would have 89,000 rabid fool-hearted fans in their beloved house of worship, to watch the game against the Spartans. I say fool-hearted because like a lot of Miami fans, they too still LIVE IN THE PAST concerning their beloved football team. So that's why I agree with their opinion about Miami's fans NOT being that much of an hinderance and all that. Peace.

The bottom line: Is the vast majority of Big Ten enclaves are COLLEGE TOWNS. And it seems to me those places generate a different type of stadium atmosphere than say Miami's rented Hardrock. huh? Good day and good evening.
Actually Big 10 crowds are usually very quiet and even tempered crowd. Been to several and couldn’t believe how quiet they were compared to the amount of people.

What did Meat Loaf say? "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad"

Advertisement
They are more correct than you homers. Thinking something we haven't seen is gonna happen. We are gonna come out, execute simple plays on both sides and not commit dumb penalties. It will be much like the App St game, and the UNC game last year is not out of the question. If u remember we were favored in that game.

The problem with this team is King. he cripples the offense.

This is really what it boils down to. Perry showed us what it could be. Manny has hitched his wagon to King so either he takes a big step or we lose tomorrow.

If you think crowd noise is going to be a factor for a noon kickoff against Michigan State, one might wonder if you've ever been to Hard Rock—outside of a Florida State or Notre Dame showdown. Half of Miami isn't even awake at noon, let alone liquored-up for hours tailgating and ready to raise ****. They're not wrong with the sentiment.

I will be pleasantly shocked if the Canes win this game. Miami struggles against the Big Ten and this team is vulnerable as **** right now at 1-1, coming off that App State nailbiter.

Canes eked out a win against Central Michigan, 17-12 in similar fashion two years ago—only to wind up in a 28-0 hole against Virginia Tech the next time they took the field.

Hoping Manny surprises the college football world and has his team ready, but at 15-11 since taking over, I'll have to see it to believe it. Done with any benefit of the doubt anymore.
If I think what? I'm at every game, are you??

Advertisement
Back