D'Ernest Johnson

sszoeboy

Freshman
Whats the deal with this kid? 4 Star, 5'11, 190lbs RB. Does he have an offer? I know the top backs down here are Cook, Yearby, and Michel, but this kid seems to be pretty good also. He also attends the same school as J.C. Jackson, I would think that would help our chances with him. Does anyone have any insight on him?

Advertisement
He has offers from WVU, Louisville, USF and UNC so grades would be an issue in most people minds and then I see an offer from Vandy so it is strange. Another thing is he looks like he's only visited Minnesota with JC so this is a strange one tbh

He has offers from WVU, Louisville, USF and UNC so grades would be an issue in most people minds and then I see an offer from Vandy so it is strange. Another thing is he looks like he's only visited Minnesota with JC so this is a strange one tbh

grade issues with an offer from UNC? You're a ****ing ******. Go do research before you post.

Those schools have offered bc of his athletic ability. UNC is better academically than Miami

Did you happen to see the first 3 schools? UNC is a throw in and can be a non committable one so first off if you want to call somebody a ****** how about you read just a little better smart ***. Back to this player now you tell me why he isn't offered and taking visits since that was my whole point? Keep it on the recruits people!

Grades, and most of the school want to move him over to linebacker the position he doesn't want to play.

Advertisement

grade issues with an offer from UNC? You're a ****ing ******. Go do research before you post.

Those schools have offered bc of his athletic ability. UNC is better academically than Miami

When I read the comment about UNC, I had a similar reaction, but I was not going to respond with insult. I went to college in the 60's, and considered graduate school in the early '70's. I don't know what the situation is now, but UNC was always extremely strong academically. To get in from out of state you had to be a stellar HS student. The graduate programs, especially in the social sciences were elite, among the best in the country. I don't know the academic landscape these days, but while Miami has made great strides, I doubt that UNC has declined. I suspect UNC is somewhat more flexible for athletes, but I woiuld have to agree that UNC is not one of those fallback schools for lousy students. I just think that jamaicancane's statement is wrong--very wrong.

One of the appeals to the UM administrators in joining the ACC, incidentally, was probably the fact that UM would be joining a group of academically prestigious universities, e.g., UVA, UNC, Duke, Clemson, Wake Forest, Ga Tech. Incidentally, I didn't know until I studied the information a few years back that Clemson and Wake Forest are not mediocre schools. And I suspect FSU is not as bad as people make it out to be, although I know it's got some easy majors. I know nothing about NC State, but I do know you can get a great education anywhere you go, or you can get it in your own living room if you want.

I didn't see this when I posted so if he's good enough academically for Vandy I think he would be good enough for UM. I know Vandy is selective and I understand UM to be selective. I can't compare the two. I think there must be some other issue besides grades. He might be four star but how does he rate when evaluated by coaches?

I didn't see this when I posted so if he's good enough academically for Vandy I think he would be good enough for UM. I know Vandy is selective and I understand UM to be selective. I can't compare the two. I think there must be some other issue besides grades. He might be four star but how does he rate when evaluated by coaches?

I have no idea, something is off with him which is all I meant. You go from 3 schools that aren't great academically to Vandy? Cant be the grades but even if its talent you cant tell me a 3* cant get more offers then this. I would love a explanation but its weird

Advertisement
Back