D'Eriq King on The Joe Rose show

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys who are playing to showcase for the league would come back. The only guys who would leave are 1) draft candidates this year (i.e., Brevin Jordan), or 2) JAGs who have graduated and don't figure into the coaches' plans. Everyone else comes back.

This makes me significantly less stressed than I previously was lol. He is such an important part of what I hope will continue our momentum as opposed to it halting deadstop if he leaves without playing.
Plus, you'd kind of like to see him have a go against Baga, with the '21 class as new arrivals. Am I right?

A leader of man among boys and a man of integrity. It is him and Rhett why I am the most pumped about Canes football in 15 years ..well let’s add the current recruiting as well.

Advertisement
“The spread offense in general is a pretty good offense, but I feel the one we’re going to run here is going to be a fast-paced offense, taking a lot of shots and being physical,” King said. “Running the ball downhill at people, just playing fast and playing free.”

The wideouts that are returning haven’t put up big numbers.

Are these the kind of wide receivers that he thinks can excel?

“No doubt, this team has a lot of talent,” King said. “Maybe recent years it hasn’t been an offense that showcases a lot of people’s abilities. We have people on this team to do that.”

With guys returning like Mark Pope, Dee Wiggins and Mike Harley, who does he think will be a star?

“Honestly all three of those guys have shown me something - all of them can run, run good routes. I’m excited to get the ball in their hands.”

The tight ends, Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory, will also have a big role.

“Having two great tight ends, I feel we have the best tight end room in the country,” King said. “Playing with those guys, tight ends are a quarterback’s best friend - third and short, red zone. I’m excited to play with those guys as well.”

This guy could go down as one of our most important transfers in recent memory with his combination of leadership and skills on the field

Advertisement
Back