Dequan Jones not happy with Johnny Manziel ruling and NCAA

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
@Dequan20Jones
Hey @ncaa , y'all are a joke. I'm Dequan Jones and I approved this message.

My ruling wasn't expedited.

Wrong sport and the wrong conference I guess.

Compromise the integrity of amateurism in collegiate athletics for the sake of revenue. Sounds like the @ncaa I know.

Advertisement
When dequan played for the magic this past year he came into my job all the time, let us take a picture and just talked about being in the nba and life..Coolest guy, very intelligent and humble. It sucks that a prima donna douchebag rich kid gets off for hustling autographs and dequan gets screwed over

When dequan played for the magic this past year he came into my job all the time, let us take a picture and just talked about being in the nba and life..Coolest guy, very intelligent and humble. It sucks that a prima donna douchebag rich kid gets off for hustling autographs and dequan gets screwed over

Why does it matter that Johnny Football comes from money?

Because it's yet another example of the rich playing by different rules than everyone else.

Advertisement

Because it's yet another example of the rich playing by different rules than everyone else.

Lmfao, that decision had nothing to do with how rich he is. Tell me, how did Johnny Manziel's money impact the decision. The NCAA is a clown show, but his money had nothing to do with the decision.

Like one of the hosts on College Gameday said, the Manziel decision was a decision made by the NCAA attorneys and the Manziel family attorneys. Gotta have that cabbage to get those high-profile attorneys to make some problems go away.

Like one of the hosts on College Gameday said, the Manziel decision was a decision made by the NCAA attorneys and the Manziel family attorneys. Gotta have that cabbage to get those high-profile attorneys to make some problems go away.

This. No way ncaa backs off without help of manziel attorney which ultimately = $.. but by all means that is not a bad thing I wasn't necessarily hating the guy because he's rich. Main point I was getting at is that the ncaa blows

I think the fact that you're asking why I mentioned money and not discounting the prima donna and the douchebag part is the point I was trying to make. But yes the money he has helped

Lmfao, that decision had nothing to do with how rich he is. Tell me, how did Johnny Manziel's money impact the decision. The NCAA is a clown show, but his money had nothing to do with the decision.

We don't know what happened in the negotiations, but if the NCAA did find large sums of money they could easily be written off as family wealth, particularly with the help of his presumably expensive lawyer. Anyone that doesn't come from money would not get the same benefit of the doubt. Speculation, yes, but what else is there?

Advertisement
Him being the reigning Heisman trophy winner and the most popular topic in college football has a lot more to do with him being cleared than his $. Scam Newton wasnt rich (other than the signing bonus Aub gave him) and he was cleared within a day or 2. SEC helps the cause too

I have a feeling with the Manziel case that the Manziel family basically cut a deal with the NCAA and said, " Reinstate Johnny and we wont pursue legal action for you selling the likeness of him on your NCAA website" (ex: Johnny football shirt or typing in Manziel and his jersey popping up) Basically what Jay Bilas did on twitter

That very well could have happened. Any current player who gets in trouble could do that right now though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back