Deiondre Porter offered

I read that his 40 time is 4.70. Can someone confirm?

I found an interesting article about Porter from June 2013 that addressed his athleticism...

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/bl...ter-impresses-pretty-much-any-position/17674/

Porter said he secured a scholarship offer from USF after running a 4.5 following a three-hour practice.

"He is 6 feet 1 and 185 pounds of boundless athletic potential, with speed, smarts, agility and ball skills that make him appealing to major college programs as a defensive back or wide receiver. At a recent camp at Florida International, Porter won an award for being the fastest player there."

“Most people don’t even see how athletic he is while he’s playing quarterback,” said Ricky Sailor, who runs the Unsigned Preps 7-on-7 team that Porter plays for in the spring and summer. “When he plays at defensive back, he’s a blur when he runs.”

Advertisement

I found an interesting article about Porter from June 2013 that addressed his athleticism...

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/bl...ter-impresses-pretty-much-any-position/17674/

Porter said he secured a scholarship offer from USF after running a 4.5 following a three-hour practice.

"He is 6 feet 1 and 185 pounds of boundless athletic potential, with speed, smarts, agility and ball skills that make him appealing to major college programs as a defensive back or wide receiver. At a recent camp at Florida International, Porter won an award for being the fastest player there."

“Most people don’t even see how athletic he is while he’s playing quarterback,” said Ricky Sailor, who runs the Unsigned Preps 7-on-7 team that Porter plays for in the spring and summer. “When he plays at defensive back, he’s a blur when he runs.”

Wow so thats really where the 2* comes from but what about the 185? We need to see what his real weight is because somethings off from 160-185? Need the real weight

I found an interesting article about Porter from June 2013 that addressed his athleticism...http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/bl...ter-impresses-pretty-much-any-position/17674/Porter said he secured a scholarship offer from USF after running a 4.5 following a three-hour practice."He is 6 feet 1 and 185 pounds of boundless athletic potential, with speed, smarts, agility and ball skills that make him appealing to major college programs as a defensive back or wide receiver. At a recent camp at Florida International, Porter won an award for being the fastest player there."“Most people don’t even see how athletic he is while he’s playing quarterback,” said Ricky Sailor, who runs the Unsigned Preps 7-on-7 team that Porter plays for in the spring and summer. “When he plays at defensive back, he’s a blur when he runs.”
He actually ran a hand timed 10.3 100 meters in early November. And I hear he wears miami gear all the time at school

@DerekTysonESPN: ATH Deiondre Porter tells me he has decommitted from #USF. Interested in #Wisconsin #Gators #UCF and #Canes

SOTU writers ‏@TheStateOfTheU 2m

RT @MistaAlderman: Per @Rivals_Singer three star ATH Deiondre Porter has decommitted from #USF. Picked up recent offers from #Miami and #UF

Advertisement
@DerekTysonESPN: ATH Deiondre Porter tells me he has decommitted from #USF. Interested in #Wisconsin #Gators #UCF and #Canes

Lol. Ole Willie just cant catch a break. I bet he wishes he had stayed around at UK.

Anyway, wondering if this is a backup plan for JC. Or if the staff had there eye on this kid the whole time and thought he had better potential then Bethel in the long term.

If we're gonna start digging for back-up plans, I look at him and a kid like Tavon Ross and I prefer Porter. He looks more athletic and explosive to me on his film.

It's still maddening to me that McKenzie and other so Fla kids aren't getting offers, but Porter actually stands out on his tape, I guess. I don't know. According to ESPN we're battling Coastal Carolina and USF.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1113104/deiondre-porter

I found an interesting article about Porter from June 2013 that addressed his athleticism...http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/bl...ter-impresses-pretty-much-any-position/17674/Porter said he secured a scholarship offer from USF after running a 4.5 following a three-hour practice."He is 6 feet 1 and 185 pounds of boundless athletic potential, with speed, smarts, agility and ball skills that make him appealing to major college programs as a defensive back or wide receiver. At a recent camp at Florida International, Porter won an award for being the fastest player there."“Most people don’t even see how athletic he is while he’s playing quarterback,” said Ricky Sailor, who runs the Unsigned Preps 7-on-7 team that Porter plays for in the spring and summer. “When he plays at defensive back, he’s a blur when he runs.”
He actually ran a hand timed 10.3 100 meters in early November. And I hear he wears miami gear all the time at school

Slippers too?

If we're gonna start digging for back-up plans, I look at him and a kid like Tavon Ross and I prefer Porter. He looks more athletic and explosive to me on his film.

It's still maddening to me that McKenzie and other so Fla kids aren't getting offers, but Porter actually stands out on his tape, I guess. I don't know. According to ESPN we're battling Coastal Carolina and USF.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1113104/deiondre-porter

The consensus is that Mckenzie has grade issues. We **** sure dont need anymore of those heartbreaks. If he cant get in..I dont blame them for passing. Trayone Gray is gonna hurt enough.

If you are referencing Dmoney SoFla list, I dont see anyone besides McKenzie that stands with this kid athlete for athlete. He is a better athlete then CJ Worton, Chris Taylor, and George Rushing. John Battle they say was not fast enough. (LSU **** well thought he was. shrugs)

The only one I would say to me is a head scratcher is Jojo Robinson. Dont know why we would take this kid over him if we are just fishing for great athletes who could play DB or WR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back