Decent Fall šŸˆ season may happen yet

Don't say that too loud on here...

Too many fans have to clutch their pearls & make threads every time someone coughs within a 100 mile radius of Dade county & are constantly wetting themselves curled up in the fetal position about how the season is doomed.

Agree. Kind of feeling like the Clemson model might be the way to go. Let it pass through the team (and really the entire ACC) now and then let's rock come September. Conference only 10-game schedule would be fine with playoff plus maybe 10-15 of the big bowls at the end of the season. Even if they want to start it late September/early October that should still allow everything to be done by sometime in January before the Super Bowl unless my math is wrong.

Advertisement
Hey Blakey - Schedule a game against FIU. Dont have to travel at all and we get our revenge, win win

**** I'd take FAU as well. why not?

Or did ACC rule its only ACC games allowed?

If we only have conference play this year - And if we win out the ACC - And get a tied natty with a SEC team based on our record - I could live with it.

Advertisement
This season is gonna have an asterisk. ACC is down to 8-10 games, Big Ten playing less games, but SEC teams are still trying to play 12? If you ever think thereā€™s been a SEC bias in the polls wait until they play two extra games

From a Miami perspective, we know we are not going to the playoffs this year, so really, if its an asterisk type of season, it doesn't affect us as much as some other teams. Our goal this year is to improve, but more importantly post a winning result to attract current and future recruits. If we go 6-0 and the NCAA or Power-5 or UM, etc. pull the plug, this year will have been a raging success for what we need to accomplish.

Plenty, I'm a gambler by trade and has great eyes and ears. It hasn't even got cold and there's problems. Over 4 games I'll take the under. $
Guess you have to lose some to be a good gambler. Hope you get a teaser so you can break even ....

Guess you have to lose some to be a good gambler. Hope you get a teaser so you can break even ....
Are you not hearing the powers that be. I would love a Cane's football season but I'm definitely hearing Spring football 22 will be the most likely start.

Advertisement
I truly believe the deciding factor will be butts in the seats. All but a handful or two of schools will lose a ton of money if there aren't fans in attendance. The only way that isn't true is if television deals (which are contractual) are modified during this time to payout more. This could be a big problem for us and others that don't own their own stadium.

There's also the student factor at most schools as part of most tuition now includes fees that go towards that schools athletic department.

Hoping for the best, that's all we can do. If the stands are only partially full, that'll be interesting. Empty stands would be flat out odd.

Advertisement
Back