Dazed and confused

ImpTheDimp

Recruit
So, we know that Al cannot: develop talent; scheme based on natural talent and ability; play a South Florida style of football that appeals to the fan base and recruits; make important staff decisions; motivate; lead or, win...and he's still here...

it's not the buyout money; this school has the rainy-day fund stocked and while the alumni base may be small, it's wealthy...I refuse to believe that the school simply doesn't care about football...in fact, admissions applications skyrocket with good sports programs, allowing the school to reject even more applicants, making the admissions percentage more competitive...moreover, the university has spent A LOT of money using the "U" logo to brand other academic programs like the medical school and the hospital system and wants that logo to be known and respected...what am I missing?

I'm about ready to ask Uncle Luke to beat the race drum and stir it up. it just doesn't make sense-- and while I continue to acknowledge that the BOT will never hire Butch back, it's even crazier to think that a man who wants the job and who led this program through past sanctions, won, transformed this program into a juggernaut, got GPAs up, would immediately interject life into the program and the fans while placing the school on the national map just in time to lockdown this recruiting cycle and make us nationally relevant again, is sitting there being ignored.

Duke was the last of a generation; we cannot live on the program's past success or reputation any longer. this recruiting cycle is full of kids who were 6 years old the last time our program was actually relevant. there are few, if any, remaining kids who were "born Canes".

Happy New Year everyone...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back