2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a disconnect w the scheme (in that the coaches are trying to sell the new offense but isnt coming across as something everyone agrees with?) or is Dawson just not a good recruiter
I highly highly doubt there is a disconnect. These kids have seen the AIR RIAD just as much as we have. They know it means throwing it ALL OVER THE FIELD. Yeah Dawson has run it a bit more, but they still passed the ball like 54%. They also had a QB pass for 40TD’s and 10INT’s. A 1300YD+ receiver who was drafted. That receiver also had 3 consecutive years of 1000YD+. I also left the RB Alton who got injured. He was running the ball very effectively. So I don’t get how they can see it work with G5 level talent at Houston. Yet say to themselves nah that wont work down here. We don’t have the talent in SFLA to operate it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do people understand how many L’s we took last class too? Our coach recruits EVERYONE hard as ****.

Joenel Aguero
Jaxon Howard
Monroe Freeling
JADEN RASHADA
Payton Kirkland
CJ Baxter
Connor Lew
David Hicks
Jayden Bonsu
CORMANI MCCLAIN
Olaus Alinen

What’s that, the 10th best recruiting class off the top of my head all by itself made up entirely of kids who took OVs and had very genuine interest and went elsewhere?

And we still signed the 7th best class in the country?
Good list but Miami didn't lose out on Kirkland

Advertisement
He was a kid who had genuine interest, came in on a visit, was highly ranked, and went elsewhere. I’m not splitting hairs. The point is we “lost” about a whole Top 10 class of kids, and we also signed one. The same thing will happen this cycle.
Kirkland was dropped....his own family said "Quote"....He played too much. VERY close friends with Malik Bryant. Was originally going to be a package deal. Staff had enough of his shenanigans.

I don't understand the logic from some of you. This kid doesn't want to come here because OU paid him more and he has a much better chance of seeing playing time there than at UM because of the talent we have at the TE position. Coupled that with a stellar season of 5-7 his decision was really not too difficult. The TE position is not of position of need but DT is. Give it a break and move on. Maybe if we win 9 games he may want to reconsider.

I don't understand the logic from some of you. This kid doesn't want to come here because OU paid him more and he has a much better chance of seeing playing time there than at UM because of the talent we have at the TE position. Coupled that with a stellar season of 5-7 his decision was really not too difficult. The TE position is not of position of need but DT is. Give it a break and move on. Maybe if we win 9 games he may want to reconsider.
Well, we have a bunch of illogical people who post on this board.

Advertisement
50 pages on a kid we “lost” that we’ve been recruiting for 3 months when he’s from Texas and has been going to Norman for 2 years? Never change, y’all.
Oh God, moms here to scold us again.
Karen Intensifies GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
I highly highly doubt there is a disconnect. These kids have seen the AIR RIAD just as much as we have. They know it means throwing it ALL OVER THE FIELD. Yeah Dawson has run it a bit more, but they still passed the ball like 54%. They also had a QB pass for 40TD’s and 10INT’s. A 1300YD+ receiver who was drafted. That receiver also had 3 consecutive years of 1000YD+. I also left the RB Alton who got injured. He was running the very effectively. So I don’t get how they can see it work with G5 level talent at Houston. Yet say to themselves nah that wont hear down here. We don’t have the talent in SFLA to operate it.
I meant is everyone all in on the air raid. we can have an air raid coach and not run air raid (tho would be dumb). I was posing a question bc it appears our messaging isnt coming through based on what a well known insider has said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back