David Ryslik (2015 NT) Senior Yr Mid Season Update

Paranos

All-ACC
Ryslik spent the offseason working on improving his speed speed to match his strength when holding the point as a NT, this year his coach is also playing him at DE which is impressive for a 300lb kid. A lot schools have taken the an wait see approach with him, but as I have said in the past this is a athletic blue collar type NT that can play all 3 downs, which Miami could land as a steal for the 2015 class.

Here are his senior year Mid Season highlights thus far.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/831404/highlights/161072378

Go Canes

Advertisement
Has Rutgers offered? Penn State? Virginia? Because if not, I have serious doubts. They generally do their diligence in their backyard.

Has Rutgers offered? Penn State? Virginia? Because if not, I have serious doubts. They generally do their diligence in their backyard.

Ryslik is a NT/DT two gap type player an none of the schools listed above utilize two gappers in their defenses. But to make you feel better he is rated the #1 DT in New Jersey. He camped at PSU, RU, and Temple an at all three he had very good showings, but he is not what they need on defense which is why they have him as a wait and see recruit.

Watch the highlights then, comment.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I did watch the tape, kid looks solid but he is by far the biggest kid on the section that I watched.

If he was really that good, he would stand out in a high school camp setting, no matter what scheme he fits best of player he is, and ONE of those big regional schools would offer. At 6'3" 292 someone would take a flier that they could make him fit their system if he showed anything outstanding.

Paranos, I respect your evaluations, but we know our staff recruits NJ, so why haven't they offered? Academics shouldn't be a problem since he has offers from Duke and Yale. Maybe character?

Advertisement
I did watch the tape, kid looks solid but he is by far the biggest kid on the section that I watched.

If he was really that good, he would stand out in a high school camp setting, no matter what scheme he fits best of player he is, and ONE of those big regional schools would offer. At 6'3" 292 someone would take a flier that they could make him fit their system if he showed anything outstanding.

To answer your question about competition, This weekend Ryslik will be going head to head against All American OT Grant Newsome ( Michigan commit, he picked them over UM) from Lawrenceville Prep. Last season playing the nose tackle sopt exclusively Ryslik didn't get a chance to match up against Newsome, but now that Ryslik has slide outside to DE it should be a good match up to see.

Go Canes

To answer your question about competition, This weekend Ryslik will be going head to head against All American OT Grant Newsome ( Michigan commit, he picked them over UM) from Lawrenceville Prep. Last season playing the nose tackle sopt exclusively Ryslik didn't get a chance to match up against Newsome, but now that Ryslik has slide outside to DE it should be a good match up to see.

Go Canes

If you can, hook us up with a recap. ,

Paranos, I respect your evaluations, but we know our staff recruits NJ, so why haven't they offered? Academics shouldn't be a problem since he has offers from Duke and Yale. Maybe character?

UM's staff looks at him as a wait and see how his Sr year goes type recruit, because we have higher rated prospects such Kendrick Norton ( who is slow playing Miami) and another DT.

Go Canes

Go Canes

If you can, hook us up with a recap. ,

This weekend Ryslik played Def End an went up against All American Off Tackle Grant Newsome, and had the following results 2.5 Sacks, 5 Tackles for Loss, 1 pass deflection, and 1 Forced Fumble but despite this herculean effort Rysliks team still lost.

Soooooo with that said Staff needs to stop slow playing this young man an offer him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back