Da'Vante Phillips

themonsta15

Freshman
Da'Vante Phillips on Dalvin Cook and more
Chris Nee
43 minutes ago

Comments:1
Add a comment
BEAVERTON, Ore. – Miami (Fla.) Central four-star wide receiver Da’Vante Phillips' Crystal Ball sits at 100% for Florida State. Many already have him penciled in to the Seminoles' class. That being said, he stands by the statement that he is continuing to look around at all options.

Phillips is also friends with freshman wide receiver Ermon Lane.

“I am open,” Phillips said during The Opening this past week. “I am trying to make a good decision.”

The 6-foot-2, 204-pound wide receiver explained what a good decision entails.

“Anywhere that really feels like home,” Phillips said. “Florida State feels like home, but I am just taking my time.”

A big reason why FSU feels like home is Phillips being close to freshman running back Dalvin Cook, a fellow Central prospect. The two spent time together last month when Phillips visited for the June session of the Jimbo Fisher Football Camp.

“That is like my brother, like my big brother, no way around it, he is like family,” Phillips said. “That is all it is. He helps me on and off the field. We talk every day. He just tells me to stay focused and listen.”

Despite their fondness for one another, Phillips says he could go and play somewhere other than where Cook is at.

“I could,” Phillips said when asked if he could play away from Cook. “It would be weird. But it would be a business decision. He knows there is nothing but love at the end of the day.”

The Seminole coaching staff remains in regular contact with Phillips. He is in regular contact with area recruiter Tim Brewster from Florida State. He also mentioned Louisville wide receivers coach Lamar Thomas and numerous coaches at Miami as those he is keeping in regular contact with.

He shared what the hometown Hurricanes, who he recently visited, are pitching to him.

“Miami is saying they are ready for a comeback,” Phillips said. “They are ready to let everybody know that is where they need to be.

“I need to see what they do first,” Phillips added. “I think they are going to do some damage to some teams.”

Phillips mentioned potentially narrowing his list to five schools at the end of this month. Those schools will be the ones he plans to take an official visit to. He shared some of the schools he wants to see.

“I don’t really know yet,” Phillips said. “I am probably going to go to Clemson. I know I am going to go toOhio State. Alabama, LSU and a couple more schools.”

As for a decision, Phillips plans to announce at the Under Armour All-America Game.

The 247Sports Composite ranks Phillips as the No. 72 player in the nation and No. 8 wide receiver.

Advertisement
Other than Ridley, I don't care about WR prospects this year. 2016 has me feeling some kind of way

Advertisement
Not necessarily this guy, but there are always a few swing guys that I think would come our way if we could put together a good season. Doesn't even have to be a BCS bowl season, but need to beat some good teams, stop with the embarrassing defensive performances, and end the season on an upswing.

We do that, and we just might grab an extra difference maker or two. That's what helps boost our squad to the next level and get us out of this limbo we've been in.

Not to mention, we need confidence in this staff to keep our commits on board.

Big season for us on the field.

It hurts seeing Lamar's name when it pertains to him helping another school get better....

Advertisement
I can see Phillips coming here... Its numbers game and he may be a starter here the moment he steps on campus... FSU is bringing in loads of wideouts and if Winston goes, I can see it being a run heavy team until 2016...

Advertisement
He's fsu but im not so sure he is positive he wants to go there as much as everyone else thinks

FSU, nothing to see here.

Cook and Phillips is like Scarlett and Bruce.

Phillips is not coming here. Not gonna happen.

Advertisement
I have a feeling Phillips is going to give us a solid chance, Why?
The success of Kaaya and that Winston is about to head out and the back up didn't look great against Clemson.
The fact that he has been so quiet about his recruitment just feels very strange.

Advertisement
Back