Darrius Sapp 2014 NT from Valdosta, GA Possible UM interest?

Paranos

All-ACC
Darrius Sapp 2014 NT from Valdosta, GA is a big bodied run stuffing Georgia boy at 6'2" 330lbs who possesses the strength of a Ox, the violent hands of boxer, and the occasional quickness of a jack rabbit (during hunting season). Sapp comes from a traditional national power house program in Valdosta, GA and plays top tier competition at the large school classification which playing at that level has allowed him to develop a high football IQ in Valdosta's read & react defense. To this point he has flown mostly under the radar but two particular Defensive minded head coaches have decided to offer this ginormous diamond in the rough in hopes that by getting in early they could steal a gem from deep in SEC country before the big boys notice. Louisville's Charlie Strong & Cincinnati's Tommy Tubberville have offered D. Sapp, and all canes fans remember how the last unheralded Sapp, Tubberville found ended up turning out at Miami. An dare someone to say charlie strong doesn't have an eye for talent that he can turn into a fire breathing Gator Beater (oh I meant world beater).

The knock I find with Sapp's game is that he does seem to fade against speedy teams as the game goes on, but with a breather he is back to giving good effort. But this is to be expected at the prep level from a 330lb'er (even from a program like Valdosta) I think if he drops 15-20lbs he will be a terror with a dynamo for a motor. Sapp was named to the Georgia Region 1-6A 2nd team as a Junior in 2012 and in February he won Top Dlinemen at the MVP Camp in Georgia which hosted linemen from 4 states throughout the south and several top players from Georgia. UM has been attempting to make inroads into Georgia and landing a player from Valdosta could continue to pave that road. Don't be surprised if you see young Mr. Sapp make an appearance at one of Al Golden's Camps this summer and take home the DL MVP.

Go Canes

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1902378/highlights/34642377

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back