Darren Smith on qam

Advertisement
-Scheme isn't working (offense and defense)
-Why didn't we stop the dive?
-If coaching staff made adjustments it didn't show
-Why did Duke have 10 carries in the first half and 4 in the second?
-Talked about the fact that he's used to defenses that attack
-Every kid that grows up playing in south Florida is used to playing man and attacking
-Why aren't Gunter and Tracy allowed to play physical with receivers?

He's was being PC cause he's on the radio. He would rip him off the radio, guaranteed.

Advertisement
In Summary, Stop the ******* dive!! Why the **** was DP 8 yards back in the middle !
he knows his stuff.

Last edited:
This constant barrage from former greats is awesome, not sure WTF Irvin is watching. People just need to be sure not to give the offense a pass, they are underachieving as well.

Golden and No D invented football. Only they know how defense is played. We are 8-1 against that offense. ***** you payed Navy Airforce and Army. All respect to the armed forces but those guys are part time football players and full time soldiers. Glad the former players are finally speaking up. They need to start getting louder. UM administration has no ambition. Embarrassment

Advertisement
We will come out and dominate Cincy(a mediocre sub par opponent) and in AG's mind he will be vindicated. Then we will get raped again by VTech and his excuse will be "it worked vs cincy, players just didnt execute"

The predictability of their scheme, excuses and lack of ability to authentically take responsibility is down right insulting . He truly is the dumbest mother ****** on the planet. Every ******* body sees what he is unable to see/admit. What a ******* failure this guy is

I will never claim to be an X's and O'x guru. My hatred for this defense is based purely off of results. But I have yet to hear a single former player or coach talk about this defensive scheme/philosophy in a positive manner. Its nothing personal. I've heard players rave about Golden as a person and rave about how much he cares for the kids and what not. Golden and Dorito seem like the only people on this planet that can't see that what they are trying to do defensively clearly isn't working. Maybe Al Groh believes in them too, but thats about it. Our defense has been historically bad since these clowns got here. Yet year after year, week after week, they run the same **** out on the field and back it up with worthless statistics and excuses. This **** hurts my mind. How can people be this naive/stubborn?

I thought his assessment of the problem was spot on. When talking about what worked at Temple he was comparing a relatively non-athletic team scheming against other non-athletic teams. Playing safe non-attacking style worked in the MAC, or whatever POS league they were in.

It doesn't work against more talented teams and it goes against the experience that our players grew up on. It mentally handcuffs the D.

He didn't call for firing AG (or even no D'). He called for a willingness to adjust the scheme to his talent. If they can't do that they should go.
Unfortunately, in every interview Golden seems blind to this.

Advertisement
-Scheme isn't working (offense and defense)
-Why didn't we stop the dive?
-If coaching staff made adjustments it didn't show
-Why did Duke have 10 carries in the first half and 4 in the second?
-Talked about the fact that he's used to defenses that attack
-Every kid that grows up playing in south Florida is used to playing man and attacking
-Why aren't Gunter and Tracy allowed to play physical with receivers?

He's was being PC cause he's on the radio. He would rip him off the radio, guaranteed.

Just FYI Duke had 8 carries for 84 yards first half.

Advertisement
Back