Darian Mensah Lands At No. 3 In Latest NFL Mock Draft

Trinton Breeze
2 min read

Comments (93)

Jeremiah Smith is awesome. As a Dolphins fan, selecting him at 1 overall would be such a Chris Grier move and Im optimistic they've moved past that way of thinking. I would hope that if they had 1 overall they would leverage that to QB needy teams and stack picks to accelerate the rebuild. A hyper accurate QB like Mensah on that team that isn't made of glass would do wonders for that franchise.

Titans fans will give their left nut for Archie Manning. If Fins have top pick, I say trade the #1 pick (titans take manning ) for Cam Ward and a massive haul of picks. The entire roster has to be rebuilt so a smart GM would leverage that.
 
That’s only the case if he’s a top5 pick.
If he is a 1st he should declare.

However If he’s more likely to be a 2nd rounder, it’s $14m - which would be a lower AAV than he would receive here, and by returning could push him to 1st.
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
 
Miami Hurricanes star-studded quarterback Darian Mensah has landed at the No. 3 spot in the latest CBS. Sports NFL Mock Draft according to sports analyst Ryan Wilson.

Mensah has been putting on a clinic for Hurricanes fans this season. As one of the most consistent signal-callers in all of college football, he is currently projected to be selected third overall by the Arizona Cardinals.

Through three games, Mensah has completed 112 of his 133 passing attempts. This 84.2% completion rate is one of the best in all of college football. He has also thrown for 1,438 yards, 15 touchdowns, and zero interceptions, while adding 79 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries.

Mensah's best outing was against the Stanford Cardinal in the season opener, where he threw for 401 yards, completing 27 of his 30 passes, which was good enough for 90% on the day and five scores. He also had a solid outing against Wake Forest, where he threw for 220 yards, completing 30 of his 34 passes. He was also named the ACC Quarterback of the Week.

According to Wilson of CBS Sports, he has Colin Simmons and Jeremiah Smith going in front of Mensah, with Smith heading to the Dolphins and Simmons heading to the Titans.

We know Mensah will be a first-round draft pick in the near future. If that holds, it would make three quarterbacks selected in three years for Mario Cristobal. He has been producing great quarterback talent into the NFL, including Cam Ward, Carson Beck, and soon to be, Darian Mensah.
Just noise
These ***** don’t know ****
They claim so and so is a first rounder and then they go in the fourth or fifth….sanders?! Lol

The entire season needs to play out then the combine and interviews take place THEN you get a sense of who will go where

Mensah size and arm strength will be discussed - I think it’s fine but nfl scouts nit pick EVERYTHING
Look at Bain dropping

College production is different from NFL prototype and projected production

This is a December January discussion
I guarantee the board you just saw will be vastly different!!
 
Just noise
These ***** don’t know ****
They claim so and so is a first rounder and then they go in the fourth or fifth….sanders?! Lol

The entire season needs to play out then the combine and interviews take place THEN you get a sense of who will go where

Mensah size and arm strength will be discussed - I think it’s fine but nfl scouts nit pick EVERYTHING
Look at Bain dropping

College production is different from NFL prototype and projected production

This is a December January discussion
I guarantee the board you just saw will be vastly different!!
People act like Mensah is barely 6 feet and 195.. lol

dude will measure close to 6'3. and 215-220 His size is fine, they dont care when its jayden daniels, its just an excuse
 
People act like Mensah is barely 6 feet and 195.. lol

dude will measure close to 6'3. and 215-220 His size is fine, they dont care when its jayden daniels, its just an excuse
Yeah you may be right
I think he’s the real deal 💯
Its
Just early to project anyone in top 5 imo
 
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
I wouldn't assume anything about Qb at this point yet. A lot will be clearer come December/January. Arch, Mestemaker, Carr, and Chambliss are all easily believable to be drafted ahead of him today. Could add Dante Moore too... What if Austin Simmons declares, etc, etc. Plenty of possible scenarios right now. He's not close to a guaranteed first yet.
We'll see...
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't assume anything about Qb at this point yet. A lot will be clearer come December/January. Arch, Mestemaker, Carr, and Chambliss are all easily believable to be drafted ahead of him today. Could add Dante Moore too... What if Austin Simmons declares, etc, etc. Plenty of possible scenarios right now. He's not close to a guaranteed first yet.
We'll see...
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
 
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
You say that, but you also didn't think mendoza would be a 1st overall pick. And I doubt you think Arch is a 1st rounder, when he is legit guaranteed to be.

Arch if he declares WILL 100% be a top 3 pick no matter what. Idc if anyone thinks he's deserving or not, he will be. Mestemaker and Austin Simmons have more natural throwing talent than Mensah, and could easily be drafted ahead of him. Carr is a guy plenty will view higher. Dante Moore is probably a harder argument to make over Mensah. But stilll today it's possible is what I'm saying. And nothing is guaratneed when he actually makes his decision. Lanoriss Sellers at this point would be a moron to not return and portal. And like I said all it takes is 1 or 2 teams to overlook Chambliss' size concerns (especially with Bryce Young having a good season) to be taken higher.

Today It's no guarantee he's a 1st round pick. In fact I'd say if the draft were today and ALL those guys declared, he's probably the 4th pick. Which does that mean 1st or not?
 
You say that, but you also didn't think mendoza would be a 1st overall pick. And I doubt you think Arch is a 1st rounder, when he is legit guaranteed to be.

Arch if he declares WILL 100% be a top 3 pick no matter what. Idc if anyone thinks he's deserving or not, he will be. Mestemaker and Austin Simmons have more natural throwing talent than Mensah, and could easily be drafted ahead of him. Carr is a guy plenty will view higher. Dante Moore is probably a harder argument to make over Mensah. But stilll today it's possible is what I'm saying. And nothing is guaratneed when he actually makes his decision. Lanoriss Sellers at this point would be a moron to not return and portal. And like I said all it takes is 1 or 2 teams to overlook Chambliss' size concerns (especially with Bryce Young having a good season) to be taken higher.

Today It's no guarantee he's a 1st round pick. In fact I'd say if the draft were today and ALL those guys declared, he's probably the 4th pick. Which does that mean 1st or not?
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
 
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
Well we'll see, but the real question isn't whether he WILL be it's whether A) he gets told he will be and B) whether he believes he will be.

Also I'd argue he just needs to think he wont be a top 15-20 pick. How much do you think he gets paid? How much do you think it'd cost to retain him next yr? I'm thinking at least $5M bare minimum. Well AAV over 4yrs that's $20M value. Pick 15 this yr is $23.7M total ($5.9M aav) and only $4.3M yr 1. Pick 20 is $20.8m total ($5.2M aav) and $3.78M yr1....

I'm just saying its definitely closer to 5-10% we could retain him than 0%. Obviously currently if he does leave I think Right Now Simmons is clearly looking like top target though.
 
Well we'll see, but the real question isn't whether he WILL be it's whether A) he gets told he will be and B) whether he believes he will be.

Also I'd argue he just needs to think he wont be a top 15-20 pick. How much do you think he gets paid? How much do you think it'd cost to retain him next yr? I'm thinking at least $5M bare minimum. Well AAV over 4yrs that's $20M value. Pick 15 this yr is $23.7M total ($5.9M aav) and only $4.3M yr 1. Pick 20 is $20.8m total ($5.2M aav) and $3.78M yr1....

I'm just saying its definitely closer to 5-10% we could retain him than 0%. Obviously currently if he does leave I think Right Now Simmons is clearly looking like top target though.
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
 
Mensah's not going to be a 2nd round pick.
Well I obviously hope your right - either by him declaring and going in the 1st or returning and then going in the 1st.... preferably the latter
 
Back
Top