2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nesta was a Cane lock since 7 years old, and we still had to sweat it out at the end with the SEC. JW is really a Opa-locka Pace kid. We get an STA kid every now and then but it's like American Heritage actually hates us
Your right Nesta and JW were canes their whole life.

With the amount of family members ive had that went to AH ....i know the temperature at the school. And it isnt relaly the coaches just pushing guys to certain schools..its just a different demographic of student body and full on front running. But their isnt much if any at all allegiance to Miami there.

We should live at STA and Chaminade...public school wise go all in at Dillard

Advertisement
The problem with heritage is the entire culture of the student body is to leave oos.
They literally advertise all the seniors that leave to Ivy League or leading academic schools in the local magazines. The goal there is to leave to the frontrunners weather it’s in academics or athletics.
A lot of wealthy kids go there. It’s not the same thing as choosing UM in a public school as it is there.
I imagine that has something to do with it.

The problem with heritage is the entire culture of the student body is to leave oos.
They literally advertise all the seniors that leave to Ivy League or leading academic schools in the local magazines. The goal there is to leave to the frontrunners weather it’s in academics or athletics.
A lot of wealthy kids go there. It’s not the same thing as choosing UM in a public school as it is there.
Culture can be really hard to beat at times.

Culture can be really hard to beat at times.
The school is super competitive. The kids there brag about all the places they got admitted to. Being in class with several kids that got admitted to top schools and then saying your going to UM isn’t the same as saying your going to uga that just won a natty.

Maybe we’ve been looking at it the wrong way. These players are socializing with very successful and knowledgeable students. If we we were perennial playoff contenders maybe it would be really cool to say your going to UM. But having classmates accepted to and going to Stanford and Yale makes the players feels some type of way by saying UM instead of a frontrunner.

Advertisement
Yes, he’s Selwyn Brown’s son.

His older brother Davonte was a kid we recruited but missed on in the 2020 class.

He was top 10 in the Nation in Passes Defensed last year, he played really well at UCF.
Damm that's devonta lil brother I remember talking to this kid a few years ago at the Deerfield vs piper game. Devonta played with my lil brother at piper before transferring to AH.

If thats the case why wouldn't they want to go to a private school that has dam good academics and athletics to boot like Miami. That's just really odd to me.

If thats the case why wouldn't they want to go to a private school that has dam good academics and athletics to boot like Miami. That's just really odd to me.
It’s not about the academics for athletes it’s about the clout.
You go to school where all these wealthy kids are hanging around you and cheering for you at games and saying “good luck today”. The clout for the students is the big academic schools. Yale, Brown, MIT, etc are their Alabama uga and osu.
The athletes want to match their peers in terms of school status. So to be equal to their peers in their field of choice, the athletes are gonna want to go to the “top” schools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys do know who the D coordinator is at AH right? Some quick research would tell you things will change at Heritage...
Its DP now but he has been there.

This kid should be a shoe in though with his dad being a former cane alumni and db but we got beat out for the elder son...i think chances are better this go round though...but I never think an AH kid is a lean or lock here...probably other than Nesta who i knew would be an easy win

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its DP now but he has been there.

This kid should be a shoe in though with his dad being a former cane alumni and db but we got beat out for the elder son...i think chances are better this go round though...but I never think an AH kid is a lean or lock here...probably other than Nesta who i knew would be an easy win
JW’s former DB coach at Pace Coach Dowels, is now at AH this year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back