D1Baseball initial Field of 64

Advertisement
And of the Top 8 national seeds, 4 SEC, 3 ACC and 1 Big 12.

College baseball and football are still awaiting the basketball type parity to arrive.

BA has us in Gainesville with FGCU and Bethune. They only have two ACC hosts (both among the Top 4 seeds). Sounds like they didn’t really consider us to host. Louisville is one of the two teams they mention as just missing out. They also mention BC and Oklahoma State.

Advertisement
Well nothing is a shoe in with Miami baseball but that regional is def not overwhelming. Just a bunch of solid teams. If Ligon is back, I'd say we would be a heavy favorite. Iowa would be the sleeper. Very well coached. They over achieve almost year with the talent they have and the results they end up with.

Now if that is who we get in the super regional that is not favorable if we are basing our current season results vs teams who can run out numerous elite arms.

Gonna be hard to get out of even the easiest regional with the state of the pitching staff currently. Might be able to win a slugfest but the injuries and lack of depth will make it very difficult.

yeah as of today we would basically need to go 3-0 and in game one get 7-8 and not touch walters and game two something similar from the starters.

basically win the first two relatively easy then piece together game 3.

I know I posted the initial D1 projection, but there's so much parity in college baseball now, that the silly post-season conf tourneys may determine the last few regional hosts.

I'd reiterate that I just hope we're healthier than today and playing well by mid-May.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back