D’Angelo Ponds JMU CB (via Chaminade) Commits to Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Former Chaminade DB and JMU True Freshman All-American D’Angelo Ponds has it the portal and the coaches did an in home with him last night. On3 currently has him as the top overall player in the portal.

Stats from @Memnon write up
5’10 160lbs Freshman CB at James Madison, from Miami FL (went to Chaminade HS).
Finished this season with 51tks 12PD’s & 2INT’s

Last edited:
Advertisement
jennifer connelly horse GIF

@gogeta4 write up 👇🏽

coached him....one of the most stickiest corners regardless of size.

had a 3 int game as a freshman in high school n would go toe to toe with damian alford every day in practice as a freshman and alford was about 6'5 then.

Maybe following his coaches....but DLO is a dawg

Advertisement
@Udynasty and @Cribby weigh in

Ponds and Hill is an "A" CB transfer portal class.

Ponds can play the Nickel and Hill the boundary,

Porter Jr is your third starter and all of a sudden this room is a strength!

I’d be thrilled with Ponds in the slot. He can also play outside so he gives you options. Porter , Brown and Ponds is a nice group.

Advertisement
Original @DMoney writeup

I’m putting together the annual South Florida position lists, but rather than just list guys, I wanted to highlight a few three-star and unranked kids that I personally believe can develop into players.
D’Angelo Ponds, CB, 5’10, 150 (Chaminade)- Small but smooth slot corner with speed. Quick to diagnose plays. 10.65 100M and 21.54 200M. More of a pure cover guy than a two-way player or big hitter. Really good at reading screens. Needs to develop more strength. Special teams value as gunner. Unranked with Akron and FAU offers only.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pounds reminds me of another Chaminade Madonna National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence under-sized and under-recruited Speed Demon who blew up - Hollywood Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back