Cypress Bay vs Columbus Live Updates

Advertisement
I am officialy done with Chris Merritt

Seems a bit delusional doesn't it? How many state semi finals was Columbus in before he got there?

The way 8a is set up right now. Going to that game was pretty much the floor for Columbus. They had to get through Gables and Krop which are bad teams. And beat an ok Killian to get to Cypress Bay

Going 9-5 wasnt exactly some great year

Advertisement
I am officialy done with Chris Merritt

Seems a bit delusional doesn't it? How many state semi finals was Columbus in before he got there?

The way 8a is set up right now. Going to that game was pretty much the floor for Columbus. They had to get through Gables and Krop which are bad teams. And beat an ok Killian to get to Cypress Bay

Going 9-5 wasnt exactly some great year

For all of the skill players that Columbus may have, they're very overmatched upfront. Cypress Bay's QB ran twice for 15+yds, on sneaks. Those complaining about Merrit, don't remember Columbus getting blown out by Southwest in the reg. season, and getting blown out by Jackson in the playoffs.

There hasnt been a lot of progress recently if any. The thing with being weak upfront. How about instead of recruiting a million skill guys you actually go get some linemen. Just because a program was weak doesnt mean it should just be thrilled to be better now

The losses to Killian and Northwestern this year were bad losses. Their inability to beat MNW recently is disappointing considering that program is not what it used to be right now.

There hasnt been a lot of progress recently if any. The thing with being weak upfront. How about instead of recruiting a million skill guys you actually go get some linemen. Just because a program was weak doesnt mean it should just be thrilled to be better now

The losses to Killian and Northwestern this year were bad losses. Their inability to beat MNW recently is disappointing considering that program is not what it used to be right now.

I agree that they need some lineman to transfer in, but good luck with this administration and other schools allowing the transfer. Public hs's from the southern area of dade are trying to block transfers to Columbus. Kids have wanted to transfer from Palmetto (Jaamal Berry), Southridge (post '07), and SouthWest (Lamarcus Joyner), but those schools stopped kids from transferring to Columbus.

I agree that they need some lineman to transfer in, but good luck with this administration and other schools allowing the transfer. Public hs's from the southern area of dade are trying to block transfers to Columbus. Kids have wanted to transfer from Palmetto (Jaamal Berry), Southridge (post '07), and SouthWest (Lamarcus Joyner), but those schools stopped kids from transferring to Columbus.

This; If Columbus wants to be successful they have to change the tule about Senior Transfers.

Advertisement

This; If Columbus wants to be successful they have to change the tule about Senior Transfers.

So you're admitting Columbus can't compete without breaking rules?

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not breaking rules, a lot of schools allow senior transfers South Miami and Southridge are examples, I am aware that they are Private but when you have guys like Denzel Perryman and AJ Legget considering Columbus but are seniors you can't let them leave.

It's not even about allowing senior transfers... they don't "need" that. If someone really wants to transfer, they can transfer i the spring of their junior year.

My problem with Merritt is play-calling. Strays away from what works, which is pounding the football. For some reason he also refused to give Bobo more touches over the last two years.

It's not even about allowing senior transfers... they don't "need" that. If someone really wants to transfer, they can transfer i the spring of their junior year.

My problem with Merritt is play-calling. Strays away from what works, which is pounding the football. For some reason he also refused to give Bobo more touches over the last two years.

This. Kids can easily transfer in after their junior football season for the spring. Which is more convenient for a football player anyway. Since they can participate in spring practice.

You have a FSU caliber WR used sparingly as a junior.

Gary Bush who is at Purdue barely got touches in 2 years as an explorer

Deon Bush looked better in the ACC than he ever did in HS

Advertisement
How does the class re-alignment affect Columbus?

/When I get my education non-profit goin' full force in a few years (it's aimed at underprivileged kids in Miami-Dade), ya'll know where I'm pointing the kids toward, lol. It won't be Columbus. I had this one 11 year old in my public speaking courses for a couple sessions. Crazy smart kid, but looked like he was gonna grow into the next Jonathan Ogden. Naturally, I asked him to get in an OT stance and I tried to edge rush against him. He may be better suited inside at Guard. We'll see. :confused:

It's not breaking rules, a lot of schools allow senior transfers South Miami and Southridge are examples, I am aware that they are Private but when you have guys like Denzel Perryman and AJ Legget considering Columbus but are seniors you can't let them leave.

Although I know it's done by many....isn't recruiting high school players against the rules? Especially if you are paying for them with scholarships.

How does the class re-alignment affect Columbus?

/When I get my education non-profit goin' full force in a few years (it's aimed at underprivileged kids in Miami-Dade), ya'll know where I'm pointing the kids toward, lol. It won't be Columbus. I had this one 11 year old in my public speaking courses for a couple sessions. Crazy smart kid, but looked like he was gonna grow into the next Jonathan Ogden. Naturally, I asked him to get in an OT stance and I tried to edge rush against him. He may be better suited inside at Guard. We'll see. :confused:

Lol, how are his feet? I know a school with a new 6th grade program.....I am sure you are familiar with them.

Advertisement

Although I know it's done by many....isn't recruiting high school players against the rules? Especially if you are paying for them with scholarships.

"Financial Aid" isnt illegal though

It's not necessarily "recruiting kids" Ex. Denzel Perryman had a great relationship with Anthony Rabbassa (Notre Dame) in highschool. Rabassa was on Perryman's case in trying to get him to go to columbus and he was seriously interested but couldn't when he heard the no transfers rule. As far as Playcalling with Merritt, he had questionable playcalling all year but I think he could have called any play on Friday night and it wouldn't have made a difference, Cypress Bay's O-line worked our Main weakness D-line and killed clock with that

The coach has done good things all year. In this game, he put too much reliance on Jesus Wilson and this Cypress Bay defense is the best defense I have seen for them in the 5 yrs I have seen them. Cypress Bay's defense is so much superior to their 2010 team which made state semis

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Advertisement
Back