Crowd Noise and the DJ

BeastMode

Junior
I can’t get any local media to respond on twitter and no one seems to be asking Manny or Miami.

figured maybe someone here has heard or not if we will pump in crowd noise Saturday? Maybe Manny doesn’t want to talk about it publicly. You could clearly hear the noise in the Louisville game and it adds to the energy for sure.

I really hope we don’t get all soft like we did for UAB and let FSu dictate no noise.

Advertisement
I can’t get any local media to respond on twitter and no one seems to be asking Manny or Miami.

figured maybe someone here has heard or not if we will pump in crowd noise Saturday? Maybe Manny doesn’t want to talk about it publicly. You could clearly hear the noise in the Louisville game and it adds to the energy for sure.

I really hope we don’t get all soft like we did for UAB and let FSu dictate no noise.
There was an agreed upon amount of pumped in crowd noise by the ACC teams. Non conference games were not included in the framework. The NCAA decided that noise level during non conference games had to be agreed upon and UAB didn’t agree to having any crowd noise. It has nothing to do with UM “getting all soft”. Do you really believe any team would purposely eliminate an advantage just to be nice?

There was an agreed upon amount of pumped in crowd noise by the ACC teams. Non conference games were not included in the framework. The NCAA decided that noise level during non conference games had to be agreed upon and UAB didn’t agree to having any crowd noise. It has nothing to do with UM “getting all soft”. Do you really believe any team would purposely eliminate an advantage just to be nice?

thought maybe Manny was being nice since UAB traveled during the pandemic and everything to play Miami. So you are saying for conference games the noise is set by the league or NCAA already so it is 100% going to have noise? Haven’t seen much talk about it since the UAB game when they couldn’t agree on sound.

was hoping that wasn’t going to be an issue all year. Hard Rock because of its design would be really loud in an empty stadium with audio pumped in bouncing off that roof back onto the field

Last night during the Pats-Seahawks game they talked about this. The NFL only allows up to 70 decibels to be pumped in.

Visiting teams usually have a tough time in Seattle with snap counts and communications because of how loud it is. Ive been to 2 games there and it reminds me of Hard Rock when we have a packed house vs fsu or notre dame games

Dolphin stadium has a week to adjust speaker direction/sound proofing that will cause 70decibels to be the most damaging possible for FSU.

Advertisement
thought maybe Manny was being nice since UAB traveled during the pandemic and everything to play Miami. So you are saying for conference games the noise is set by the league or NCAA already so it is 100% going to have noise? Haven’t seen much talk about it since the UAB game when they couldn’t agree on sound.

was hoping that wasn’t going to be an issue all year. Hard Rock because of its design would be really loud in an empty stadium with audio pumped in bouncing off that roof back onto the field
Nope, the announcers mentioned it a few times during the UAB game. They said both teams had to agree to an amount of sound and it's pretty obvious UAB didn't want any. I remember reading before the season that the ACC had set a certain level for crowd noise during conference games. I'm assuming it's not particularly loud.

What ever the acc allowed was enough to ***** us up. We had guys jumping all over the place. Hopefully same impact on fsu.

Advertisement
Back