Cortez Kennedy: In Remembrance

Advertisement
Advertisement
Goodness, those were the days. Tez and Russell Maryland starting DTs, unbelievable.

Unbelievable the amount of DT talent we’ve been flushed w over the years. I mean JB would’ve been a HOFer had his life not ended tragically young, as well. Now we’re pressing to get one DT. Weird.

I love me some Tez, man. Definition of hard work and dedication

RIP Tez. During the ‘89 game against ND he broke through the line and blew up Rice. Pat Haden says “Wow. Cortez Kennedy comes at you like a rock slide. There is no finesse in this guy.” One of the GOAT quotes about a Cane player.

Advertisement
One of the best. Had he been here for all 4 years, he would have been the GOAT DT here.

Miami's DT legacy unmatched in all of cfb. No other team comes close to producing the awesome DT's Miami has produced over the years.

Advertisement
Miami's first pro bowler was Al carapala back in the 50's. If you add up all Americans, first Rd picks, pro bowls, NFL starters, longevity etc. Miami ha no peer. No school comes close to producing the first founders, pro bowlers and quality NFL starters Miami has.

In 1989 Miami probably had the greatest trio of DT's on one team with Cortez Kennedy, Russel Maryland and Jimmy Jones.

Miami's first pro bowler was Al carapala back in the 50's. If you add up all Americans, first Rd picks, pro bowls, NFL starters, longevity etc. Miami ha no peer. No school comes close to producing the first founders, pro bowlers and quality NFL starters Miami has.

In 1989 Miami probably had the greatest trio of DT's on one team with Cortez Kennedy, Russel Maryland and Jimmy Jones.

Shhhhhhhh! The $E¢ honks don’t wanna heat that fact, bro.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back