Corner back snaps against UNC

Canesbro31

Sophomore
With Blades out for the year how much will the freshman play against UNC? Since they run the spread I would think Couch will play nickel a fair amount. But who goes outside Dunson or Clarke? I think they both look promising, but it has me nervous thinking they’re going to have to play a lot of snaps. How do you guys feel about the freshman playing a lot of snaps Saturday?

Advertisement
With Blades out for the year how much will the freshman play against UNC? Since they run the spread I would think Couch will play nickel a fair amount. But who goes outside Dunson or Clarke? I think they both look promising, but it has me nervous thinking they’re going to have to play a lot of snaps. How do you guys feel about the freshman playing a lot of snaps Saturday?
You can only play with the players you have. Next man up.

I can easily see Howell putting up 400 yards passing. The key will be 1. can we stop the run 2. can we hold them to FG in the red zone 3. can we create enough pressure to get a few stops. This is going to be a high scoring game. I don't expect us to hold them under 30

Advertisement
I say you probably want to keep Couch at outside corner unless Daz is playing in the slot. Maybe drop Frierson in at the other nickel and let Keontra start at Striker. Frierson was a corner before the switch so I think he would do well at the nickel position and we keep more experience in the game with Keontra having played a lot of snaps all year.

Play both freshman corners. I think our cb depth leaves us with no other choice. If our defensive scheme is similar to last week's where we used four d-lineman on third and long instead of three and neglected that b.s. delayed lb and safety blitz I think our secondary will hold up.

Advertisement
At this time of the year they are more experienced than when the season began. They will make mistakes but they will make a few plays as well. We must stop the run game or it will be a long night.

If unc has to drop back on us we will get pressure. If they are able to get chunks of yardage in the air through the rpo then we will have problems

Creating negative plays will win us this game. If they don’t stay on schedule and ahead of the sticks, they slow down and struggle mightily.

Advertisement
Slot corner is one of the toughest positions on the field i would leave couch/Ferison there the majority of the time and play the freshmen tonight the outside with saftey help even though i think they are better then we think!

Our dline wins this game. Roche & Philips both know what these next 3 weeks mean to their future. Each can work there way into the 1st round with a big 3 weeks. I expect domination from those 2.

Advertisement
everyone's forgetting that the way UM gets gashed is on the short perimeter with screens and rubs, Duke went away from it, and played into our hands with a lot of dropback, long developing plays...need to put tacklers at corner this week

Advertisement
Back