MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

He literally asked the exact same questions that I asked months ago and then gave my opinion on the pro/cons of each course of action. I am just wondering where all the assclowns are to claim he’s got an agenda. For some reason they only come out for me. I should change my name to Assclown Magnet
You stated that "Flo confirmed" ... as in confirmed that is what Miami is doing. He simply put forth a HYPOTHETICAL scenario ... and asked a question "would you prefer 50% share from the B10 for 3 years or full share from the B12 for 6". .... period ..... he didn't state that is what Miami is doing or state which he thought was likely. He confirmed NOTHING.

Advertisement
You stated that "Flo confirmed" ... as in confirmed that is what Miami is doing. He simply put forth a HYPOTHETICAL scenario ... and asked a question "would you prefer 50% share from the B10 for 3 years or full share from the B12 for 6". .... period ..... he didn't state that is what Miami is doing or state which he thought was likely. He confirmed NOTHING.
In one of his posts he says "I interpret data", then follows it up with "Turns out I have interpreted the data correctly. Flo basically confirmed what I predicted".

@lindend has been on top of keeping his Flo's predictions thread updated WITH hit rate percentages. Flo's "non recruiting hit rate" is 66%. AND as you point out, Flo didn't even say he thinks its likely.

Its all about taking the contraraian pov, and dying on that hill. That's where the troll accusations come from.

I mean.. Washington and Oregon are proof that there's more value half shares with B1G than their is in full shares anywhere else.

Oregon and Washington turned down full shares with the Big 12 for half shares in B1G. In the short term, they're making the same amount in the B1G that the Pac 12 was offering them to stay, which is less than Utah, Arizona, Arizona St and Colorado are making with full shares in the Big 12.

“As in confirmed that is what Miami is doing." There you go again with your strawman arguments. This is the second time in the last two days you have done this. You go from having lucid well- reasoned posts to making stuff up and mischaracterizing what I say.

The quote from the original write up about Flo-

He says he feels sure it will come down to the money - not what the perception will be or what the fan base likes - he also says he is comfortable with info he has from people who would know that Miami has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. The decision will be about the money.
He doesn't know what the final decision will be but he is positive that the ACC is done.”

Just use a tiny bit of logic and deductive reasoning here. He says ACC is dead. 100% of the fan base, me included, wants UM to join the B1G. He says he has info from people who would know that UM has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. Why would he then say that he is sure that UM doesn’t care about perception or what the fan base likes, it’s purely about money? And if UM has a spot in the B1G with full shares, why isn’t he able to predict UMs final decision? ACC is out, so there must be some mystery conference that is making the decision complicated for UM.

Well gee, I wonder what conference he is talking about that wouldn’t be perceived as being as good as the B1G, would be unpopular with the fan base, and who
would be offering money that would exceed partial shares from the B1G.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Last edited:
Some folks forget it is in a youtuber's best interest to create discussion with hypothetical question's. LMFAO at Miami taking a BIG 12 offer over a B1G offer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where is the discussion about how much more research $ the U gets in all of this? This is not just an athletics decision. You can bet that the research $ and academic standing of being in the B1G play a big factor in this. The U will NEVER take a BIG 12 offer over a B1G offer even in a partial share. The ramifications and long term benefits for research, academics and athletics in the B1G is too **** much to turn down!

Last edited:
Advertisement
He literally asked the exact same questions that I asked months ago and then gave my opinion on the pro/cons of each course of action. I am just wondering where all the assclowns are to claim he’s got an agenda. For some reason they only come out for me. I should change my name to Assclown Magnet
You are overly sensitive. And you take a more extreme view in your "positions". Flo put forth a potential scenario ... 50% share from the Big 10 vs Full from the B12 ... you took it to 25% from the B10 ... which is a dramatically different scenario. ESPECIALLY NOW ... with the NCAA settlement announcement pending that will potentially cost each program as much as $20M per year. THAT is going to force programs to look at the bottom line more seriously and push decision making tension up a notch.

“As in confirmed that is what Miami is doing." There you go again with your strawman arguments. This is the second time in the last two days you have done this. You go from having lucid well- reasoned posts to making stuff up and mischaracterizing what I say.

The quote from the original write up about Flo-

He says he feels sure it will come down to the money - not what the perception will be or what the fan base likes - he also says he is comfortable with info he has from people who would know that Miami has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. The decision will be about the money.
He doesn't know what the final decision will be but he is positive that the ACC is done.”

Just use a tiny bit of logic and deductive reasoning here. He says ACC is dead. 100% of the fan base, me included, wants UM to join the B1G. He says he has info from people who would know that UM has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. Why would he then say that he is sure that UM doesn’t care about perception or what the fan base likes, it’s purely about money? And if UM has a spot in the B1G with full shares, why isn’t he able to predict UMs final decision? ACC is out, so there must be some mystery conference that is making the decision complicated for UM.

Well gee, I wonder what conference he is talking about that wouldn’t be perceived as being as good as the B1G, would be unpopular with the fan base, and who
would be offering money that would exceed partial shares from the B1G.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
You're working too hard. There ARE other rumors out there as well and one was posted on the Warchant realignment thread yesterday ... stating that "according to a source that has proven to be very accurate and has direct contact with the Miami AD ... Miami has offers from both the B10 and SEC if the ACC blows up". Like I said, there are projections on potential scenarios all over the place. Seems like in your case your only interest is in proving "see, what I was projecting 2 months ago is correct, now other people are saying the same thing".

Phillips comments at the ACC meeting met with a bit of anger. Phillips stated that the ACC contract runs through 2036, a blatant lie regarding the ESPN media agreement, and also stated that it is the intent of the ACC conference to fight the law suits and protect the conference. Apparently indicating that in his opinion, or at least public stated policy, the ACC has no intention of "settling" with FSU / Clemson.

Ross Dellinger published some comments stating that in the event FSU or Clemson, either one, pulled out of the conference before Cal / Stan / SMU join, and the membership drops below 15, ESPN could then enact the infamous COMPOSITION CLAUSE and modify or possibly even cancel the ESPN media agreement. THAT would be a deathblow to the ACC. No media agreement = no GOR. Phillips trying to hang on to his salary ... and looking out for his old buddy Swofford ... who received $3 million dollars in 2023 and is still on the ACC board? Why? Why is that parasite still receiving millions of dollars from the conference he fleeced for 2 decades?

Advertisement
This is a long twitter read but a good summary of where things stand, and the timelines and how it impacts an exit/settlement

Unless ESPN pulls some strings and doesn’t want their under the table dealings aired publicly, nothing is happening until 4Q2024 - 1Q2025

Advertisement
Seems like the vision of a school that would hire their FB coach before the AD, then not really allow the AD to hire a baseball coach...

Oh, here we go again with the citation of non-facts.

Radakovich had some concerns about when he could start, but he knew about Mario and was fine with Mario.

And we were turned down by 2 baseball coach candidates before turning to JD.

Give it a rest.

Advertisement
This is a long twitter read but a good summary of where things stand, and the timelines and how it impacts an exit/settlement

Unless ESPN pulls some strings and doesn’t want their under the table dealings aired publicly, nothing is happening until 4Q2024 - 1Q2025

That is an outline of COURT DATES in one law suit and doesn't include the "what if" regarding the possibility that FSU and maybe Clemson as well, decide to withdraw from the ACC regardless of the status of the law suits. That is the action that the most prominent "realignment poster" on Warchant is saying is most likely in the event the ACC does not settle and attempts to draw out the legal proceedings. Both FSU and Clemson are threatening to take action with two base assumptions, and then let the courts decide after the fact:

1. They contend that the current ESPN media agreement, and the associated GOR, run through June 30, 2027.
2. They contend that, according to the ESPN media agreement, which (reportedly) states "the GOR is in effect only as long
as a member institution remains a member of the conference" .... meaning .... any ACC school that leaves the ACC leaves with
future media rights in tact.

All they need to prove these two foundational premises is a copy of the ESPN media agreement. Clemson received their copy last week, and FSU is pending receipt via the Florida Attorney General, and will most likely also be requesting a copy via Judge Cooper in Florida.

Wasn’t a troll comment- It is one of the courses of action , and in my opinion, the one that Rad would prefer the most- save the ACC and stay in it if possible. The key is North Carolina. Conference will be weakened but could limp along without FSU and Clemson. But if UNC leaves as well, it’s done. They would try to add Tulane, Memphis and some other random schools to be a poor man’s B1G. Probably get a deal just like the Big 12. Question would be which better, being the top dog with UNC in the #1 academic conference or go be the crown jewel of the dumbest conference (big 12). Despite plummeting in the academic ranks , the top brass still think of UM as an elite academic school and I think would heavily prefer staying in the ACC over the big 12 if the money is the same.

The arguments that you type up...are like bringing a BB gun to a bazooka fight. You are way out of your depth here, and you prove it with every post.

"The one that Rad would prefer the most"

Guess what, genius, Rad isn't making this decision. It's as simple as that. He's not. He may be our mouthpiece, but he is not the decision-maker on THIS issue.

Stop making troll comments.

I went with 25% as an example of being lowballed. ACC gave SMU 0% so it’s not unprecedented .

GODDAMMIT. PLEASE STOP.

SMU offered 0%. That wasn't the ACC "giving" SMU anything. SMU made the offer, otherwise we would have only gone with Cal and Stanford.

Stop talking about stuff you don't understand.

Advertisement
Back