MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
I've been saying it for months.

Best way to get out is to get a majority of ACC teams to agree to dissolve the conference. It's not that far fetched to think that 8 teams could find greener pastures considering that even the Big12 is "greener" now.
Say VT and Pitt didn't get an invite to the SEC or B1G. They'd still be better off in the Big12 than withering away in the ACC for another 10 years.

Clemson and FSU to the SEC (and possibly NC State and Virginia Tech?). Makes sense.

That is one of the most likely split-ups, yes. Makes so much sense in both athletic and academic terms.

Plus it gives the SEC the full thirteen Confederate States of America to represent the 13 stars on the battle flag (including Missouri and Kentucky, of course).

Notre Dame, UVa, UNC, Miami.

Any questions?
I can’t see Oregon and Washington being left out of B10. Then Stanford and Cal from PAC as next teams up, but they’d rank after at least ND, Miami, and UNC… think those two and UVA are all about the same with Cal likely being bottom.

But like I’d still take Cal over Rutgers and shut….

Advertisement
I can’t see Oregon and Washington being left out of B10. Then Stanford and Cal from PAC as next teams up, but they’d rank after at least ND, Miami, and UNC… think those two and UVA are all about the same with Cal likely being bottom.

This is when people tend to groan at your posts. Right after you hit "Post reply".

Look, you can "not see" Oregon and Washington being left out of the Big 10. BUT IT JUST HAPPENED. And as has already been posted earlier on this thread, the networks pretty much turned up their noses at Oregon-Washington adding that much value to the Big 10 TV contract.

I realize it makes geographic sense. But USC and UCLA were willing to join AS A PAIR. Not as a foursome. It's not like they need 2 more Pac 12 teams to come with them.

From an academic standpoint, the Big 10 far prefers Cal/Stanford over Washington/Oregon. As a TV-value-added proposition, neither pair moves the needle as much as east-coast teams. ND-UNC-UVa-Miami are good for the Big 10 both academically and athletically.

B1G likes ACC teams more than PAC-12 teams (Oregon and Washington) according to reports.

Advertisement
B1G likes ACC teams more than PAC-12 teams (Oregon and Washington) according to reports.

Yes. But HE "can't see it".

Look at his screen name, it explains everything.

The west coast is very nice and very beautiful, but people from there have a hard time understanding why most of the US is so east-coast-centric.

This is when people tend to groan at your posts. Right after you hit "Post reply".

Look, you can "not see" Oregon and Washington being left out of the Big 10. BUT IT JUST HAPPENED. And as has already been posted earlier on this thread, the networks pretty much turned up their noses at Oregon-Washington adding that much value to the Big 10 TV contract.

I realize it makes geographic sense. But USC and UCLA were willing to join AS A PAIR. Not as a foursome. It's not like they need 2 more Pac 12 teams to come with them.

From an academic standpoint, the Big 10 far prefers Cal/Stanford over Washington/Oregon. As a TV-value-added proposition, neither pair moves the needle as much as east-coast teams. ND-UNC-UVa-Miami are good for the Big 10 both academically and athletically.
Right by that logic, Oregon and Washington have been left out of the B10 just like Miami has already.

Oregon+Washington are better football programs than like half the B10 current members and it’s not even close.

Right by that logic, Oregon and Washington have been left out of the B10 just like Miami has already.

Oregon+Washington are better football programs than like half the B10 current members and it’s not even close.
Yes, if only on-field production matters in this topic.

It’s all about TV markets and the ones on the east coast (NC, Va, FL etc.) are more attractive that the ones on the west coast minus LA.

Advertisement
Yes, if only on-field production matters in this topic.

It’s all about TV markets and the ones on the east coast (NC, Va, FL etc.) are more attractive that the ones on the west coast minus LA.
And that means Oregon and Washington won’t join when the east coast school end up joining?…

the east coast may have 8 schools above Oregon and Washington. Doesn’t mean Oregon and Washington won’t join. Also I think you’re just wrong about the Oregon and Washington market. I’d bet Oregon and Washington have attracted more viewers than UVA AND VTech for at least a decade.

And that means Oregon and Washington won’t join when the east coast school end up joining?…
I didn’t say that.

All I’m saying (and this is confirmed by the latest rumors/report) is that the east coast TV market FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL is more attractive for the Big Ten than the west coast market minus LA.

I didn’t say that.

All I’m saying (and this is confirmed by the latest rumors/report) is that the east coast TV market FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL is more attractive for the Big Ten than the west coast market minus LA.
…and my comment was I can’t see Oregon and Washington not joining the B10. Not that I can’t see them joining after some east coast schools lol

Advertisement
Fair enough, I’m not sure there will be room for everyone though.
…that’s also why Imo in a perfect world only football would be leaving and a big 2 conferences would be formed from scratch. Cause half the b10 doesn’t deserve to be making $100m/yr over Oregon/Washington/etc.

Now I’d think likelihood of teams getting pushed out would be low… but if that can’t happen I think you just make B10 24 teams and tell the lower schools they better take it cause they don’t deserve to be higher than B12 anyways

Huh? Were you dropped on your head at birth?

First, there were reports that Washington and Oregon WERE going to join the Big 10, before everyone mysteriously backtracked. So let's maybe be a rational human being and not equate "Miami" to the same level of progress that Washington and Oregon made before many parties realized it was a bad idea to rush through.

Second, as has been descibed a million times, this is not about who "has a better football program". This is about revenue and TV contracts as the PRIMARY drivers of the decision-making, even though there will be some other issues like "academics" which are also strong considerations.

But everyone on the planet knows that you can IMPROVE your football program and W-L record. And please don't act like Washington-Oregon are light years ahead of ND-Miami-UNC-UVa in football.

…that’s also why Imo in a perfect world only football would be leaving and a big 2 conferences would be formed from scratch. Cause half the b10 doesn’t deserve to be making $100m/yr over Oregon/Washington/etc.
Yeah, just like Vandy doesn’t the deserve to make 2-times of what Miami and FSU are making.

That’s why those ADs are ****ed.

Advertisement
Back