Comparing Powell to Berrios

hasena75

Junior
Staff,

What are the strengths of Powell or Berrios?

Who do you feel is more deserving of an offer.. or who would you rather extend an offer to?

Advertisement
Berries has better hands and from what I've read is a prototype slot guy, Powell is more explosive with better top end speed than berrios

i would say powell is more shifty will make guys miss and can explode for a big play (with deerfields oline he better) Berrios wel as stated before reliable get the job done type of guy

Advertisement
I'm not sure why the staff wouldn't take both. We need more RB and Powell is regarded as one of the 4 best in south Florida for this class. Berrios brings an element we don't really have in this offense right now. I would take Berrios also bc it would put the pressure on one of Dixon, Lane or Rudolph to commit or get left behind.

I'm not sure why the staff wouldn't take both. We need more RB and Powell is regarded as one of the 4 best in south Florida for this class. Berrios brings an element we don't really have in this offense right now. I would take Berrios also bc it would put the pressure on one of Dixon, Lane or Rudolph to commit or get left behind.

I second this.

I second this.

"I'm not sure why the staff wouldn't take both" ---> Scholarship limits

Advertisement
Berrios reminds me of Sam Mcguffie, but more like a slot wr. Maybe Davone Bess comparison.
Powell is basically Chris Thompson from FSU.
ideally would take both. If I had to pick one, probably Thompson since I don't think Berrios would really be able to get on the field with receivers like griffin, coley, langham, possibly dixon/rudolph/lane in the fold.

I like Powell but he is one of those kids, like I said in another thread, that we could potentially stop calling if we blow up this year and he doesnt jump on fast. Because bigger fish could potentially start sniffing around Greentree. (Mainly Cook. I think he will at least give us a serious look if we win 9-10 games and we look like we are back on the National stage)

And to the poster that said he is one of the 4 best in SoFla. That may be true, but when the top 3 RBs just so happen to be in the top 30 players in the entire country for this class according to many publications it gives you an idea of how far apart he is from the pack. My point being, I wouldnt wait around for this kid too long. If he wants to wear light Orange and White and go to Knoxville only to disappear and not be heard from again like most of the kids from down here who go up there, (Dee Morley, Brent Shaffeur, NuKuese Richardson, etc.) then let him go..

Advertisement
Back