Comcast stinks

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
They just gave me a credit on my account for not having the ACC Network, this lack of negotiation is unacceptable, they have 300 channels that I have never watch and not the one I need. call them make them credit you hurt them in the wallet they are horrendous, I expect them to have the channels that I want even if I must pay extra for it!

Advertisement
they just told me that I have Free access to YouTube, if you have comcast go to the apps in your xfinity menu then select youtube, search for acc network and Im now watching the pre game stuff for the game! might work, NO HD, but the game on my tv...

Advertisement
they just told me that I have Free access to YouTube, if you have comcast go to the apps in your xfinity menu then select youtube, search for acc network and Im now watching the pre game stuff for the game! might work, NO HD, but the game on my tv...

But dont you have pay for YouTubeTV anyway?

Advertisement
I have my parents directv login. However, my espn app on my tv is not working. HBO is working fine. Espn will not open if I select a game.

Advertisement
I can’t even disconnect them bc their app and online site won’t recognize me as having permissions. I hate them.

y'all think more games than Bethune will be on acc? maybe cmichigan?

Only works if you have X1 and a cable box. I only use Comcast on stream, without box.

Advertisement
Comcast and Rachel Maddow being sued for $10M by the new conservative network OANN, I believe it is. She apparently smeared them over something.

Didn't even know Comcast owned MSNBC....wait, I guess I knew Comcast bought NBC but forgot. Don't really keep up in this area.

Why not sue for $100M? $10M is just drop-in-bucket kind stuff for Comcast.

I think Comcast will resist ACCN until potential revenue loss from cancellations due to cord cutters exceeds benefit they might gain from waiting to negotiate new Disney contract a few years down the road.

Comcast seems to be ruthless, arrogant and politically-weaponized media company.

Whatever it was that Congress did years ago to lift local franchising control over cable companies probably made it impossible for local governments to boot out poor-performing companies who got monopolies by reason of having originally won the local franchise when local governments had the power to grant exclusive franchises. Some got entrenched as local monopolies due to the franchise grant like Comcast's predecessor did in Montgomery County, Maryland. Now, without a government-granted monopoly, it has a near monopoly anyway by getting in first. They are almost impossible to dislodge. Many local apartment buildings now have exclusive contracts with Comcast and Verizon FIOS can't get in. Another possible competitor, RCN, never made any inroads, it hardly exists.

So, cutting cable is a good thing if you can swing it. It is pro-competitive.

I can tell you there's a real danger to corruption of the news media when big companies take them over: Washington Post is an example. Says Bezos but it is really Amazon. The paper is much less balanced both in news and opinion. And I guess Maddow is a mouthpiece for the clique that runs Comcast.

Advertisement
Back