College basketball overall

Advertisement
This year is the exception and not the norm. Given that every kid has an extra year of eligibility and every school has additional scholarships available makes it completely different.
Unfortunately, that makes things harder on Coach L as he is not the big fish in the small pond.
The pond is the same size, just more and other bigger fish have arrived to eat.

I stop watching College basketball after Anthony Davis left. The NBA is right behind too. Once Lebron leaves... the **** is gonna really be trash.

Advertisement
I stop watching College basketball after Anthony Davis left. The NBA is right behind too. Once Lebron leaves... the **** is gonna really be trash.
NBA is trash now, games are unwatchable : every other play the ref's are watching replays, flagrant 1,2,3. Referee's are just plain bad, folks shooting that have no business shooting, you can play zone, but you get call on defense for 3 second if you are not guarding someone, but then on offense you can just hang out, everybody is now carrying the ball. Luckily now they are calling traveling every now and then, which is interesting since I think they now allow you a gather step go figure . College is a bit better, when you get teams like Gonzaga, and Baylor that played good d and move the ball its a pleasure. Watching Timme foot work in the post is a thing of beauty :

NBA is trash now, games are unwatchable : every other play the ref's are watching replays, flagrant 1,2,3. Referee's are just plain bad, folks shooting that have no business shooting, you can play zone, but you get call on defense for 3 second if you are not guarding someone, but then on offense you can just hang out, everybody is now carrying the ball. Luckily now they are calling traveling every now and then, which is interesting since I think they now allow you a gather step go figure . College is a bit better, when you get teams like Gonzaga, and Baylor that played good d and move the ball its a pleasure. Watching Timme foot work in the post is a thing of beauty :
College basketball is better to watch then NBA?? **** is horrendously bad. NBA you watching skill every night. Every (majority) 6’6 to 6’10 player has a handle and can shoot. Guys like Ben, Luka, Kuz, bam, KD, AD Bron, PG etc doing **** at they size that’s never been seen before..skill helps the tempo of the game imo. Only problem I have with the nba is the amount of games in the regular szn.

This year is the exception and not the norm. Given that every kid has an extra year of eligibility and every school has additional scholarships available makes it completely different.
Unfortunately, that makes things harder on Coach L as he is not the big fish in the small pond.
The pond is the same size, just more and other bigger fish have arrived to eat
Before, L was dealing with being a modest-sized fish (HC of a competitive team in an elite conference) in a small pond of transfers. Now, he's a minnow (same respected conference, but coaching a non-competitive, last place team) in what has become a huge lake.

Last edited:
College basketball is better to watch then NBA?? **** is horrendously bad. NBA you watching skill every night. Every (majority) 6’6 to 6’10 player has a handle and can shoot. Guys like Ben, Luka, Kuz, bam, KD, AD Bron, PG etc doing **** at they size that’s never been seen before..skill helps the tempo of the game imo. Only problem I have with the nba is the amount of games in the regular szn.

college is objectively a bad basketball product in comparison to the NBA. it makes sense considering the diff in talent and skill on the floor at once between the two. its really apples to oranges tho.

Advertisement
Beg to differed you got pros that can't shoot free throws, and have zero outside game, centers are basically light post that set picks: you don't have the skills of say Akeem, Malone, Parrish, etc : its basically pick and roll and very guard oriented : the only guy that I can actually watch play is Jukovic for the Nuggets, Anthony Davis also has a nice skill set, but he grew up a guard

Beg to differed you got pros that can't shoot free throws, and have zero outside game, centers are basically light post that set picks: you don't have the skills of say Akeem, Malone, Parrish, etc : its basically pick and roll and very guard oriented : the only guy that I can actually watch play is Jukovic for the Nuggets, Anthony Davis also has a nice skill set, but he grew up a guard
Everyone back in the day shot 75% or better from the line?? That’s news to me. Every star big in the league has guard skills. You can’t survive in the league today without a outside game. I agree post play is a lost art. But a lot of wasted possessions used to happen by the “dump it down to the post” era. Look up how Gilbert arenas felt about that. Told his Centers to “get that **** off the glass”😂..the game is different but more skilled and efficiently played. Look at the perimeter shooting percentages in the league. They’re at all time highs rn. PG is 6’9 shooting 44% from the 3pt. Embiid is 7ft shooting 40% from 3. Joker is at 42% from 3. The **** these guys are doing throughout the league is crazy. And the players from the 90s and 80s were not as skilled as these guys today. Countless players who played in those eras and now coach in today’s era has confirmed this..**** youtube video evidence confirms that

Everyone back in the day shot 75% or better from the line?? That’s news to me. Every star big in the league has guard skills. You can’t survive in the league today without a outside game. I agree post play is a lost art. But a lot of wasted possessions used to happen by the “dump it down to the post” era. Look up how Gilbert arenas felt about that. Told his Centers to “get that **** off the glass”😂..the game is different but more skilled and efficiently played. Look at the perimeter shooting percentages in the league. They’re at all time highs rn. PG is 6’9 shooting 44% from the 3pt. Embiid is 7ft shooting 40% from 3. Joker is at 42% from 3. The **** these guys are doing throughout the league is crazy. And the players from the 90s and 80s were not as skilled as these guys today. Countless players who played in those eras and now coach in today’s era has confirmed this..**** youtube video evidence confirms that
Beg to differed to me its boring, I rather watch the old Sacramento Team than this group going on, the old Celtic teams Sixers teams, Cavaliers were loaded, Dallas Maverick with Tarpley, Harper, Aguirre, Perkins Rolando Blackman, LA with their show time group , Suns with Barkley Rockets with Akeem. Hey you can go on seeing and enjoying today's game, I rather watch the old classics on the NBA channel :

By the way the reason for all the rule changes, was to add more scoring to the game. NBA teams backed in the day were averaging over a 100 game without the 3, and without folks carrying and travelling ( now you have a gather step WTF) all over the place :
Now we got game stoppages all the time, to see what flagrant it is, instant replays, challenges, 3 seconds on the defense, but no 3 seconds called on the offense, to me its a cluster F.

Backed in the day if you shot 75% from the free throw line you were considered average, and shooting below 50% from the floor was poor. Now anything north of 70% is great on the free throw, and you got teams shooting in the 40's from the field is just groovy.

Advertisement
Agreed. Today's NBA is by no means basketball at it's purest form. It's kind of like calling the WWF real wrestling. Today's players in general are more athletic and skilled than their predecessors of year's past, but with the rule changes and very questionable officiating we're seeing today, the league has become an entertainment entity more than it is a sport.

Agreed. Today's NBA is by no means basketball at it's purest form. It's kind of like calling the WWF real wrestling. Today's players in general are more athletic and skilled than their predecessors of year's past, but with the rule changes and very questionable officiating we're seeing today, the league has become an entertainment entity more than it is a sport.
Some go to baseball games to hear each batters' "walk up music" and watch the mascots' zany activities, they watch the Super Bowl telecast for the ads and half-time entertainment. Luring in the casual fan and trying to attract more and more viewers is a big shift from 40-50 yrs ago. Maximizing ratings/dollars is the name of the game and to do that involves having to make viewing/attending an event for the "whole family," not just hard core fans of the game (as it once was).

Not saying that's good or bad. Just the way things have evolved and sometimes the game itself takes the back seat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back