miamian01

Recruit
Predictions

Oregon:Justin Wilcox, current Cal coach

Virginia:Josh Gattis, current Michigan OC

Duke:Tony Elliott, current Clemson OC

Nevada:Matt Wells, ex Texas Tech HC

Temple:Stan Drayton, current RB coach at Texas

Miami Staff that I would like/see happening.
OC/QB: Kendall Briles, current Arkansas OC
I get the Brady talk. He’s a south Florida guy. I would prefer an OC who’s also a Quarterback coach. It’s not out of the realm of possibility though. The Clemson model shows that as even when they had co-coordinators, neither were QB coaches.

RB: Tim Harris, current Co-OC and RB coach at UCF
Harris is a Miami alum and his dad is Dade County coaching royalty. Harris was at FIU where he brought in D’vontres Price and had a hand in bringing in Tyrese Chambers, who’s currently in the transfer portal.

WR: Bryan McClendon, current Oregon WR
He’s expected to follow Mario. Hence, the WR offer

TE/ST: Bobby Williams, currently in the same position at Oregon.
Bobby is has been coaching for a long time and is expected to also follow Mario.

OL: Alex Mirabal
Elite developer and elite recruiter.

DC: Glenn Schumann, current co-DC at Georgia.
He’s also the inside backers coach and he’s developed some good ones. My preference for the position would be Mike Tressel. But, that’s probably a pipe dream.

DL: Clint Hurtt, current Seahawks DL coach
Ex Cane, who recruited well.

LB: Lance Thompson, current Inside Backers coach at FAU
Has prior experience in the SEC and previously has landed some big fish as a recruiter in previous spots.

DB: T-Rob
I expect him to be held over from the previous staff.

S: Nick Monroe, current Safeties coach at Syracuse.
Recruits south Florida for Syracuse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Predictions

I get the Brady talk. He’s a south Florida guy. I would prefer an OC who’s also a Quarterback coach. It’s not out of the realm of possibility though. The Clemson model shows that as even when they had co-coordinators, neither were QB coaches.

Harris is a Miami alum and his dad is Dade County coaching royalty. Harris was at FIU where he brought in D’vontres Price and had a hand in bringing in Tyrese Chambers, who’s currently in the transfer portal.

Bobby is has been coaching for a long time and is expected to also follow Mario.

He’s also the inside backers coach and he’s developed some good ones. My preference for the position would be Mike Tressel. But, that’s probably a pipe dream.

Has prior experience in the SEC and previously has landed some big fish as a recruiter in previous spots.

I think it would be extremely unorthodox for our DC to have none of "his" guys on staff

Predictions

Nice list for the Canes mostly. Only changes are RB coach - Seider me, and LB coach - give me someone big time like the TWill hire. If DC is also LB coach I get it but we should be able to poach a big time P5 schools LB coach with our newfound resources for football

Advertisement
Cool side story. I first saw Clint Hurtt at a football camp in Rochester NY I grew up close to there and was at the camp too. Remember talk he was going.to Miami. Being a fan of the team and no where good enough to play d1 ball it was cool to see a guy who was. Not a lot of kids in our area go D1. He was huge I remember that. Being a qb I was glad he didn’t wreck us at camp.

Advertisement
Don’t think I want Monroe, at least not in my top 3 with our supposed budget. Recruiting is good, but much better coaches out there

Advertisement
Back