Coaches thoughts on CB's and Kaaya

Advertisement
The staff can't like some here complain about who we don't have, but instead work with what we do have and continue to recruit high caliber DB's like they're doing. We got enough to work with and I'm confident the new scheme, attacking style and a highly anticipated improved DL will make all the difference.

UM with worrisome situation at cornerback; Richt on Kaaya; UM hoops; Dolphins free agency notes; Eye-opening Joe Johnson numbers | Sports Buzz

Former four-star cornerback JC Jackson has Miami as his No. 1 choice, according to his junior college coach. But after Rumph called Jackson and the coach expressing interest, we're told that UM –-- at least for now --– has stopped recruiting Jackson, who was acquitted on armed robbery charges last November. This was a decision of the coaching staff and the reason is unclear.

Once spring practice kicks off and the staff really realizes how much we need JC Jackson, this will change.

Agree with this. Richt and Diaz cant be that **** crazy. Me thinks they want to evaluate their own guys first before making a rush decision.

My problem with that theory is that this isnt some bum Grad transfer like Mike Williams or some after-NSD kid who we signed randomly like Terrance Henley. This is a known product at a position that is extremely weak. We are one injury away from disaster. How can we play super, insanely aggressive if you dont have legit corners? You would think signing JC up is a no brainer. Smh.

Quincy wilson should be here, dowels, carlton davis, fenton, and probably a few others. Golden was ****in horrible.

**** quincy wilson.

Cant be mad at a kid who feels he got burned by the hometown school where his dad played and they showed ZERO interest.
Just saying.

That kid was popping off at the mouth at least a year before signing day....and he hasnt done **** at UF yet.

Quincy was good last year, don't know what you have been watching.

Advertisement
This is good to hear from Rumph about Corn and it should put to rest about if he can be a shutdown corner or not.

Rumph said he sees “a lot of Duane Starks” in the 5-10 Elder, who had four tackles for loss and two interceptions last season. “I want him to be more of a Phillip Buchanon, lock-down corner,” Rumph said.

I have always said he was good but he hasn't shown YET that he is a shutdown corner. Evidently he hasn't shown it to rumph yet either. He said he wants him to be more like buchanon, a lock down corner.

I think this year, our corners aren't going to have to stick with a receiver for more than three minutes per play like when our linemen were playing pattycake the entire time.

If we can get some good rushing, and I'm thinking we certainly will, it will take a lot of pressure off our corners.

We have to get a good rush.

The JC train is gone....let it go people. The guy is already bought....move on for your own sakes

This is a good point you bring up,what if our coaches made contact and were told what was needed to get him to miami and that's why they moved on.Can't imagine they made it public they were going after him and after talking they dropped him just like that.

The staff can't like some here complain about who we don't have, but instead work with what we do have and continue to recruit high caliber DB's like they're doing. We got enough to work with and I'm confident the new scheme, attacking style and a highly anticipated improved DL will make all the difference.

Exactly!

Advertisement
I think this year, our corners aren't going to have to stick with a receiver for more than three minutes per play like when our linemen were playing pattycake the entire time.

If we can get some good rushing, and I'm thinking we certainly will, it will take a lot of pressure off our corners.

We have to get a good rush.

This is the point some are missing

Quincy wilson should be here, dowels, carlton davis, fenton, and probably a few others. Golden was ****in horrible.

**** quincy wilson.

Cant be mad at a kid who feels he got burned by the hometown school where his dad played and they showed ZERO interest.
Just saying.

That kid was popping off at the mouth at least a year before signing day....and he hasnt done **** at UF yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkvH6N0LgII

**** quincy wilson.

Just saying.

I'd be popping off at the mouth as well if I was a legacy recruit, didn't receive an offer, and the staff preferred Ryan Mayes.

As a whole, the cupboard isn't completely bare for Richt, but certain positions (cornerback, offensive line) are completely thin thanks to that pile of dog shlt Golden.

Oh, and Quincy Wilson is a pretty good player, you're dead wrong there.

Advertisement

**** quincy wilson.

Just saying.

Thanks Ihate for the video of Q..Big Up!!

I wish we had Q in our secondary this year and beyond. Q can play dont know what you was looking at cflacane

OL and CB are an absolute disaster. How the heck can a team in S. FL not have an abundance of CBs on the roster? What a joke

Cause Golden had no clue how to recruit South FLA athletes. He was obsessed with "prototypes" and would choose a 6'1" kid who made zero plays in high school (i.e. Mayes) over a 5'10" kid who led the state in INT's.

It's not surprising that a coach who was for more interested in trying to look and sound like a coach, as opposed to actually learning how to would be partial to guys who look the part but aren't that great at their jobs.

Last edited:
I know most posters love to only complain and be negative, but people are really sleeping on Henley.

He's one of the fastest players on the team and has bulked up about 20 lbs since he got here. I don't care what his star rating was or that he was a Golden recruit, he can play. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our #3 corner this year

Advertisement
**** quincy wilson.

Just saying.

Thanks Ihate for the video of Q..Big Up!!

I wish we had Q in our secondary this year and beyond. Q can play dont know what you was looking at cflacane

A 2 minute highlight video for 2 years of work....not impressed.

Hard to believe that we could only get 1 CB to come in the 2016 class. Even with the kid who went to UT I am surprised we did not have 2 more in the bag.

Let's look at it:

We were 8-5 with a loss in a bowl game.
We had a staff that couldn't develop the talent that it had.
We just fired the head coach mid season.
We hired a new staff with only a month to recruit.

I wouldn't say it was hard to believe but was definitely expected that we would have a weak 2016 class. But in light of the turnover and transition, I think the new staff made the best with the time that they had and we have a pretty good class coming in. Next years class will definitely be stronger.

Advertisement
Back