Coaches getting better in the offseason

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Is it common place for a coach that still currently has a job to go do some training in the offseason? Do you think Al Golden would send Kehoe to work with a NFL OL coach?

Advertisement
Golden is putting in 18 hour days right now. He's doing EVERYTHING to get us better.

Just let the man work.

Is it common place for a coach that still currently has a job to go do some training in the offseason? Do you think Al Golden would send Kehoe to work with a NFL OL coach?

I think he'll be out recruiting.

Advertisement
If Kehoe hasnt learned by now than he doesnt have it. He needs to be fired and he should have never been brought back

Well I hope him and several of the other coaches hang around some NFL guys during the dead period. They should all be trying to get better at what they do.

If Kehoe hasnt learned by now than he doesnt have it. He needs to be fired and he should have never been brought back

This.

Im not sure what Kehoe can learn at this point that he hasnt been exposed to at some point. His units just underperform and almost always have. His recruiting is weak, and his coaching sucks. Apart from his "Line of the Century" featuring NFL calibur studs like Mckinney, Carey, and a kid that was smart enough to get into Harvard but came here instead, his lines have underperformed for years.

In fact, you can trace the decline of Kehoe's lines to Butch leaving. Butch was a big OL/DL guy.... and was highly involved in bringing in a lot of the talent Kehoe had to work with back in 2000-2002.

It is typical that coaches go and visit other coaches through out the off season.

Yep it is a very common practice - at least amongst offensive and defensive coordinators. A lot of times you will have coordinators going to visit other programs to look at how they implement their offenses / defenses, etc. Very, very common amongst the Air Raid / pass-oriented spread offense folks if I recall correctly.

Not sure if it is common with position coaches, though - I imagine it would be. Lots of benefits to it. I think a lot of "coach sharing" or whatever you want to call it takes place during the camp season.

Advertisement
I somewhat disagree. Football is constantly morphing and changing. Learning and being exposed to new techniques and ideas is essential to success. If Kehoe is unwilling to do this then he should be fired.

It is typical that coaches go and visit other coaches through out the off season.

Yep it is a very common practice - at least amongst offensive and defensive coordinators. A lot of times you will have coordinators going to visit other programs to look at how they implement their offenses / defenses, etc. Very, very common amongst the Air Raid / pass-oriented spread offense folks if I recall correctly.

Not sure if it is common with position coaches, though - I imagine it would be. Lots of benefits to it. I think a lot of "coach sharing" or whatever you want to call it takes place during the camp season.

It's common amungst all coaches. usually you visit someone who does the samething you do either offensively or defensivley.

Advertisement
Back