Coach Richt, Diaz, Kool & more... Post Practice 8/31/16

Advertisement
Diaz's opening answer.... Oh My...

And then: "If everyone just does their job, in a very violent manner."

Wasn't a huge fan of his at first, but **** does he say the right things.

Still not sure I am a huge fan but that jumped off the screen to me too. That is what we always were-violent. That is what we need to be again. Mistakes and long gains will happen, but violence leaves mark on the other team that outlasts anything -- fear.

I plainly believe one of our guys is going to knock Dalvin Cooke out. I can already see it. We can talk about scheme but the biggest part of defense is mentality. And these guys have a different mentality than we have had here in a really long time. This is 90s mentality where mofos get knocked the **** out.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Diaz got me fired up, love that he said NO EXCUSES!! He know's they're gonna F up but they're gonna be reckless while they're doing it. So nice to see the SWAG in all of these. Coach Kool looks like he's got a royal flush and he knows he's about to lay it out. Love this staff!!

Advertisement
I don't know about you, but what I see are Coaches that are ready to put the pads on and go hit somebody.

I've missed the 2001 Mark Richt, and you are about to get him.

Have fun.

One thing that stood out to me was Diaz talking about players making mistakes, that it's expected, but that playing fast with violent intentions will make up for a lot of mistakes. Exact opposite from the previous staff where players probably worried more about making a mistake (and finding themselves benched because of it) than about making a play. Another thing that stood out was him saying that coaches are problem-solvers. Again, i didn't get that feeling from the previous staff. It was more like we're going to keep doing things the same way and if it doesn't work, well that's on the players, not us.

Advertisement
Put it this way - Diaz giving up 500 yards > D'Nofrio giving up 500 yards.

At least it'll be more fun to watch.

Advertisement
Back