Coach Mark "Nix" Must find a way to beat ND

The Svengali

Sophomore
Coach Mark "Nix's" play calling were foundational in our losses to a FSU and UNC, but he gotta get his head out of his rear and call a good game so we can beat ND. Losing to a 2-5 ND after having lost the FSU and VT in the same season is going to be problematic, at least for me.

I'm a Butch guy, and I was never a fan of Nix and his low energy approach at UGA (and his teams underachieved/never won big games), but I got on board because after his firing I thought he'd have renewed energy; that he'd coached ****ed off and with a chip on his shoulder. But I'm seeing troubling signs --I'm seeing the same old UGA Nix roaming our sidelines. I'm not asking for the man's head, because frankly, we have to support him to the bitter end, but he's got to show something. I'm holding out hope that he CAN be that guy in the long run, with Miami talent propping him up, but he's gotta show and prove next week. We MUST beat ND. Nix has got to find a way.

Teams take on the personality of coaches, and right now the team right now has a split personality:

On one hand, the defense plays with the fire, passion and tenacity of Diaz, but on the other hand

The offense plays with dispassionately and with a low energy similar to Coach Mark "Nix"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Play calling against FSU was fine we were driving up 10 until our quarterback decided to be a moron and turn around the whole game

Play calling against FSU was fine we were driving up 10 until our quarterback decided to be a moron and turn around the whole game

I can agree with this to an extent. But there was alot of field DYING to be exploited against FSU that we didn't take advantage of. We honestly should have been up by far more heading into the half.

We never recovered from that INT, though.

Advertisement

What game were you watching?? Play calling stunk against FSU. We didn't attack the middle of the field at all, though we have two very good TE's nor did we attack FSU vertically. FSU was down two starters in their secondary, and had Ermon stinking Lane playing from the first quarter on. Lane was a WR that just moved to safety 2 weeks prior. We should've been up tempo all game attacking, attacking, attacking---up top, over the middle, in the flats and out of the backfield.

We have Herdon, who can play FB/H-back, yet we didn't use him as a passing threat out of the backfield. You couldve have he and Njoku on the field together to cause matchup nightmares for FSU and anyone else.

Anyone with eyes could see Ermon Lane was lost out there, yet Nix went conservative and started playing Marty schottenheiner ball.

Coach Mark "Nix's" play calling were foundational in our losses to a FSU and UNC, but he gotta get his head out of his rear and call a good game so we can beat ND. Losing to a 2-5 ND after having lost the FSU and VT in the same season is going to be problematic, at least for me.

I'm a Butch guy, and I was never a fan of Nix and his low energy approach at UGA (and his teams underachieved/never won big games), but I got on board because after his firing I thought he'd have renewed energy; that he'd coached ****ed off and with a chip on his shoulder. But I'm seeing troubling signs --I'm seeing the same old UGA Nix roaming our sidelines. I'm not asking for the man's head, because frankly, we have to support him to the bitter end, but he's got to show something. I'm holding out hope that he CAN be that guy in the long run, with Miami talent propping him up, but he's gotta show and prove next week. We MUST beat ND. Nix has got to find a way.

Teams take on the personality of coaches, and right now the team right now has a split personality:

On one hand, the defense plays with the fire, passion and tenacity of Diaz, but on the other hand

The offense plays with dispassionately and with a low energy similar to Coach Mark "Nix"

Solid post. I agree with most of it especially the personality aspect of the team. The play calling has been a head scratcher, I'm chalking it up to rust for now. The Kaaya pick against FSU is the worst decision he has made in his career and could have killed any confidence he may have had, I hope he has a drive where he gets it back soon. Lots of season left to right the ship and regain some positive momentum. We need guys to start making plays on big downs.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

Who gives a ****. If you can't overcome one **** turnover you don't deserve to win anyway. If I recall correctly they also had a turnover in the red zone.

Advertisement
Back