Coach L is the New Face of the University

MGreen26

Freshman
Just got home from the basketball game. Deon Bush and Tracy Howard were there. I did not see Al Golden or Dorito who usually pop in at big home games. I am guessing they are on the recruiting trail -- or afraid to show their faces in public. Anyways, the big thing I noticed is that all of the Hurricane Club still ads (not videos) that are flashed throughout the game have changed. They always used to have a picture of Al Golden and his perfectly styled hair. He is a charismatic guy. Anyways, Coach Al and his golden locks (no pun intended) have vanished and have been replaced by Coach L.

Advertisement
Jim Larranaga is a **** good coach, Alfred is a cheap, used car salesman who I wouldn't donate a dime to because he doesn't care about winning

Jim Larranaga is a **** good coach, Alfred is a cheap, used car salesman who I wouldn't donate a dime to because he doesn't care about winning

Disagree. I believe he can be a good coach but has an anchor holding him down. His PSU stunt rubbed many including myself the wrong way. Right now I am teetering on losing faith in him. He is a good CEO and has shown he can weather a storm. Lets see how he weathers this one and finishes signing day. I really wish he would just change his DC.

Advertisement
Not ready to give up on Coach Golden yet. He got us through the NCAA crap, recruited well with one arm tied behind his back and didn't abandon this program when he had every reason to. The last month has been rough I'll admit, but I want to see how he recruits and what he does this spring/summer before I start burning him in effigy like a lot of people are doing.

Aside from the obvious issues with Golden, I love Coach L. The guy won the ACC and made it to the Sweet 16 last season with players that Haith could barely get out of the 1st round with in the NIT. The man also adjusts and abandons his tendencies (ie switching to a zone defense instead of man-to-man) to keep close in games since he's starting over with a completely rebuilt roster. I think next year he'll have a dominant year with the same players coming back.

Advertisement
NoVACANEFAN probably has never stepped foot on campus or donated a penny to the school. To say that golden doesn't want to win is il there with the dumbest statements ever said on this site.

Advertisement
Back