Coach hayes football/Deshawn Troutman highlights.

Advertisement
anigif_enhanced-buzz-27266-1385052218-5.gif

As someone who is just a fan and not a player.
I believe that the roll technique is taught a lot and is considered textbook. If a dude is in front t if you going square seems to be the absolute correct way. But going sideline to sideline wrapping up low and rolling is really effective.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m here to learn as well.

I believe that the roll technique is taught a lot and is considered textbook. If a dude is in front t if you going square seems to be the absolute correct way. But going sideline to sideline wrapping up low and rolling is really effective.

Advertisement
So much has changed. You can't go helmet to helmet so where we used to make sure your head was across the runners chest when i was playing, they are now teaching the rugby style of tackling.

So much has changed. You can't go helmet to helmet so where we used to make sure your head was across the runners chest when i was playing, they are now teaching the rugby style of tackling.
When we were missing tackles last year it seemed like we were going from the waste up like that screen pass against the gators where we missed a bunch.
Saw one of hollsum1 Holloway’s breakdowns and he said he consulted some other coaches in cfb about Miami’s tackling problem last year. He said that’s what’s being taught at the top schools. Wrap up low and roll. If I find the video I’ll post it.

Should be attacking between hip and chest no matter the angle. Shoulders between the hips and wrap up

Advertisement
When we were missing tackles last year it seemed like we were going from the waste up like that screen pass against the gators where we missed a bunch.
Saw one of hollsum1 Holloway’s breakdowns and he said he consulted some other coaches in cfb about Miami’s tackling problem last year. He said that’s what’s being taught at the top schools. Wrap up low and roll. If I find the video I’ll post it.

pretty sure Golden (via Pete Carroll) was teaching rugby style tackling from his first day on campus here

Advertisement
Also think that they were slow to their spots making it difficult to make solid contact, even with rugby-style tackles. Too much arm tackling

Advertisement
Back