Coach D'onofrio and Recruiting.... what is he doing?

Advertisement
He's steering kids away from this program by implementing the garbage defense that golden and he concocted. Good luck on the recruiting trail trying to explain this inept soft bull**** defense.

I agree, Coach D is not the greatest recruiter ever. BUT, on the defensive side of the ball, the star ranking doesn't hold as much weight IMO. I'm from Iowa, and I despise the Hawkeyes, and the big 10 for that matter, and teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Penn St. will get at most 1 or 2 4* recruits, yet those three teams always have extremely stout defenses. Also, coming from a long line of football coaches even at the D1 level, I've been told that you need to get guys that have the size you're looking for, and then it's your job as a coach to create them into the players you want to be. So this shouldn't be a question of, " Who has he recruited, how come we aren't getting 5* defenders at every position?" it should be a question of, "How come he's not developing these RAW, So. Fla players THAT WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE (more than our own families some of the time, for me Tyriq and Tracy <3) into defensive studs. Just like how we used to back in the day. The "State of Miami" didn't used to have the 5* rankings all the time like they do now. They were recognized for all that raw, untapped athleticism alongside that hardworking, hungry work ethic

Yeah, this is the same thing that Bob Karmelowicz used to tell me when he was our DL coach. I think the problem with our defensive coaching isn't development of individual players; it's scheme. You can take a certain type of kid, certain type of body and feet, and have a decent shot to develop him into a good DL. It's something else from scheming, and it might not work with skill players and LBs. We don't have athletic LBs.

Consigliere you're weird.... I defend Morris and this offense even the slightest and you and every Dorito fan boy comes out the closet screaming i'mma Morris slurper all day

lol gtfoh and pull ya skirt up soft shoulders Is that a better term for you besides nut hugger?

Oh my god. I said you are right.

Is this what you do to people who agree with you? What do I need to do? What should I do to prove this?

Hey Coach D sucks. Fire Coach D. Stop teams on third down. Don't worry about the score. Anyone who disagrees is a nut hugger. Cuse beat Wake Forest.

You forgot to mention soft shoulders. Zone loves him some soft shoulders.

Advertisement
How about the offense not going 4 and out and constantly putting our **** defense on the field?

How about the offense not going 4 and out and constantly putting our **** defense on the field?

Good point. I think things can only get better from here. Next year, maybe we'll have a QB who plays within himself and is adept at the short and intermediate passing game, if not the deep game. Morris is one of the best deep passers I have seen at UM, but doesn't have the short and intermediate game. That's how we won championships: Kosar, Walsh, Dorsey.

I really can't figure out what we're doing with the running game. I don't think we have the talent. Duke is only one guy. Remember in 2001 when we had Portis and guys like McGahee and Davenport in the wings. I mean, any team that had so much RB talent and depth that Najeh Davenport had to end up a career FB, with his replacement being Willis, meant that we had depth. Dallas Crawford? Please. Works hard, has heart, but is smallish and not extraordinarily talented. I thought Clements was supposed to be a very talented south Florida prospect, but he's a career backup (partly because of injuries, in all fairness).

if only you had a clue...... smh so sad.

Miami's offense scored 4 times out of the 8 possessions it had on the field from the 1st-3rd quarters against VT (3 TDs, 1 FG, 4 punts)

VT's offense scored 6 times out of the 10 possessions it had on the field from the 1st-3rd quarters against UM (6 TDs, 4 punts)

Yeah Miami couldnt even hold the great VT Offense to any FGs at any point in the game....

the defense has a job to do to but of course you dont know that since you dont really understand what you see when you watch football

LMAO at ****sigliere making a massive tool of himself on this thread.

Good Job. Would read again.

:nelsonhaha:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back