Clay Helton Waiting Too...

Canecanecane

Freshman
USC: Clay Helton noted today that he is not going to rush into any coaching hires with guys finishing up in the NFL and with their bowl games and hopes to have hires made by mid-January.

PER FOOTBALL SCOOP

I guess waiting may make some sense after all of you got specific guys you want.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the great Clay Helton is doing it then it's definitely the right move.

I don't give a **** if Richt waits till the day before spring ball as long as he hires some beasts. Unfortunately, there are times when you can wait your way out of really good guys who wind up going somewhere where the HC isn't waiting (see Don Brown).

You wait if you know you have guys in the NFL interested. You don't wait to see if guys are interested.

He's the exception. Look at all the other guys that have taken gigs - Chump, Durkin, Fuente, mendenhall - all have hired most of their staff or a good portion. Meanwhile, we've got 2 - brown and a grad assistant type.

Advertisement
He's the exception. Look at all the other guys that have taken gigs - Chump, Durkin, Fuente, mendenhall - all have hired most of their staff or a good portion. Meanwhile, we've got 2 - brown and a grad assistant type.

richt said was gonna wait not rush into hiring coaches. he also said wouldn't announce anything until after bowl game. he said that at opening press conference. why haven't people got that. so mendenhall, fuente and them have there entire staff so what.

mendenhall is basicly bringing his byu staff with him, durkin and fuente are first time head coaches. and some of vt coaches being retained.

im pretty sure miami is gonna get rid of most of there holdovers. its better to get the guys u want then to rush in and just hire anyone.

one more thing. sometimes people wait because guys they want are coaching in bowl games. its easy to hire unemployed guys or guys on staffs head coach got canned.

if u want to hire a guy from bama, or mich state or the like u are probably gonna wait out of respect for them being in bowls to poach there coaches.

would u rather richt just hire the first jabrone off the street or actually hire a coach knows what they are doing but are coachin in bowl games .

Advertisement

I don't give a **** if Richt waits till the day before spring ball as long as he hires some beasts. Unfortunately, there are times when you can wait your way out of really good guys who wind up going somewhere where the HC isn't waiting (see Don Brown).

people are so butt hurt about us not getting don brown. Is there any indication that Brown ever even considered miami? how does anyone know that richt didn’t contact Brown? He said he was waiting to announce not waiting to contact other coaches and get them in line

richt said was gonna wait not rush into hiring coaches. he also said wouldn't announce anything until after bowl game. he said that at opening press conference. why haven't people got that. so mendenhall, fuente and them have there entire staff so what.

mendenhall is basicly bringing his byu staff with him, durkin and fuente are first time head coaches. and some of vt coaches being retained.

im pretty sure miami is gonna get rid of most of there holdovers. its better to get the guys u want then to rush in and just hire anyone.
Fuente was HC at Memphis

Advertisement

Fuente was HC at Memphis
i know lol i messed up with that but he is getting his first power 5 job.

people are so butt hurt about us not getting don brown. Is there any indication that Brown ever even considered miami? how does anyone know that richt didn’t contact Brown? He said he was waiting to announce not waiting to contact other coaches and get them in line

Bytch ***, you're watering down the "butt hurt" facqitry by applying it here. If you're capable of processing the written word, please attempt to digest the sentence immediately prior to the one that mentioned Don Brown.

Bytch ***, you're watering down the "butt hurt" facqitry by applying it here. If you're capable of processing the written word, please attempt to digest the sentence immediately prior to the one that mentioned Don Brown.

Easy there champ. I said people. I wasn’t referring to you in particular, however you being so defensive on the subject is quite funny to me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back