Class Impact: Tyler Johnson to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Off-field stuff here. Hope he has success at his next spot, he has a ton of talent.
Not trying to argue with you @DMoney but I've never seen a shred of evidence that T. Johnson has a ton of talent. Certainly not at the P5 level. Upon what do you base that assertion?

Advertisement
South Florida hs coaches are gunna put their best defensive talent At the Edge or blitz tf out of them. It’s been that way for years. This kid is not a edge rusher At this level. Get that head on straight Wish him the best of luck

Last edited:
It worked with Micah Parsons but rarely otherwise
It’s worked with a lot of guys. HS coaches play kids out of position all the time especially in south Florida. They want to use their best athletes to get after the passer. & Micah is a 1of1 freak dude could probably get by at SS lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was really high on Tyler Johnson. Thought he had an explosive first step, got through physicality pretty well, and showed a fairly high IQ to go with tools such as length and twitch.

The few times I got to see him practice or play in spring he looked lost. Will probably adjust my evaluations when you’re projecting a player to move backwards on the spectrum at the college level.

It can work, but I’m to the point that I do not believe it should be something we recruit towards much at a program with the resources and goals that Miami currently has.

Advertisement
Back