Cincinnati

MetiSkeemz

Junior
WAS DEMOLISHED 42-7 by a team that I would bet the price of humanity doesn't have a 5* kid on their roster. I saw the score and got upset again that Al Golden ever coached up to that point.

Advertisement
My son goes to SDSU, so I follow them almost as closely as I follow the Canes. SDSU had a great season in the MW conference, but I felt that they would struggle and probably lose to Cincy in the bowl last night. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they played. And the OP is correct, they have nowhere near the talent Miami has. Our embarrassing loss to Cincy was all scheme and coaching.

SDST has a big physical OL and a 3 backs that fit there system and compliment each other perfect. Defense is legit too.

I saw they were plus 20 in turnovers SDSU was.. And generated a turnover against cincy you'll win games when your good at keeping and taking away possessions from your opponent

Advertisement
My son goes to SDSU, so I follow them almost as closely as I follow the Canes. SDSU had a great season in the MW conference, but I felt that they would struggle and probably lose to Cincy in the bowl last night. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they played. And the OP is correct, they have nowhere near the talent Miami has. Our embarrassing loss to Cincy was all scheme and coaching.

I watched quite a few of their games and they are well-coached on both sides of the ball.
Their offense is very diverse and physical.
Their OC Jeff Horton has been in the game for a few years.
And on defense they run that 3-3-5 defense better than anyone else.
In fact, Rocky Long is the only one that runs that defense consistently good.
Long is a very underrated coach.
New Mexico messed up when they fired him.

I watched quite a few of their games and they are well-coached on both sides of the ball.
Their offense is very diverse and physical.
Their OC Jeff Horton has been in the game for a few years.
And on defense they run that 3-3-5 defense better than anyone else.
In fact, Rocky Long is the only one that runs that defense consistently good.
Long is a very underrated coach.
New Mexico messed up when they fired him.

Rocky Long for DC! Lets be unique !

Advertisement
Al Golden is probably the worst coach we have ever had at Miami. Shannon and Coker were way better.

SDSU gets the leftover talent that USC, UCLA, and other schools don't recruit. That leftover talent can be pretty good. Two of the local San Diego players that SDSU lost are Reggie Bush (USC) and Alex Smith (Utah). Some of the local talent that played at SDSU include Willie Buchanan, La'Roi Glover, Brian Sipe, Robert Griffith (not RG3), Kyle Turley, John Fox (yes, the current Bears HC), and Joe Gibbs (yes, the Redskins/NASCAR guy; he also coached at SDSU under Dan Coryell). Among coaches at SDSU were Brian Billick, Herm Edwards, John Madden, Sean Payton, and, of course, Air Coryell. SDSU has also drawn talent from outside SoCal, most famously Marshall Faulk. SDSU doesn't have the championship history that UM does, but it is a respectable program.

Advertisement
Back