CHOCOLATE

Would have been nice to see Choc get a few carries to get him used to playing vs the big boys. Anyone here that doesn't think one of the 2 RBs aren't going to need a break (injuries or just tired) isn't being realistic. It's a long season and the cupcakes are over, so let's get some player development happening so that we don't **** the bed when the inevitable happens.

The cupcakes are over? You do realize this team plays in the Coastal, correct?

Advertisement
Where is there proof that he runs tough, punishes people, and is a baller? Sounds like you are describing yearby from saturday. "Chocolate" has played very minimally against no competition. Not saying he isnt one day capable, but theres a reason he was our 4th string running back and i cant figure out why everyone continues to claim he is a beast without doing anything.

He's a beast because Fraulden signed him, naturally. But, you seem to be stating that he might be a fail? Fraulden also hasn't done anything, but you give him a pass.

Willis McGahee was a backup fullback in 2001 and 2002 until Frank Gore went down with a knee injury.

Relax with the Gray nonsense. He is the 3rd string RB and should only be playing in blowouts.

What kills me about Gray is that you can see the ridiculous potential almost every time he touches the ball, but next year he will be a junior 4th string running back which means he's most likely going to graduate here having done next to nothing and going to have to get a real world job. Not redshirting him last year was criminally stupid.

Advertisement
What kills me about Gray is that you can see the ridiculous potential almost every time he touches the ball, but next year he will be a junior 4th string running back which means he's most likely going to graduate here having done next to nothing and going to have to get a real world job. Not redshirting him last year was criminally stupid.

We don't know what is going to happen in the future. Especially with injuries. There is no certainty both Yearby and Walton will stay healthy for a full season.
(I hope they do but odds are against it.)
That means Gray will be called upon and will get an opportunity.

Eh...never know. If not for a Frank Gore injury, Willis McGahee's career might largely go the same way.

But make no mistake, him not getting a shirt last year is certainly "criminally stupid."

The reason the RBs were so good and went on to larger things during Soldinger's tenure was because he taught them how to be complete backs. People aren't born as adepts. Even when advanced at a skill, people still need to continue learning. Coaches are paid to develop players as part of their basic job functions.

I for one cannot hide my exuberance for the kid. He made it academically into UM and works hard. Now, if he had a problem holding the ball then it's the staff JOB to correct and make him into a productive player for UM. If that's not being done then Al and the coaches are INDICTING THEMSELVES as poor teachers of basic skills. This is a fundamental issue to hold on to the ball. The kid is strong, runs tough, punishes defenders, and we need a baller like him in the 3rd and especially fourth quarters to finish the game. It's incredibly OBVIOUS this is what UM is lacking and Chocolate can easily provide this. Not putting him in the game just proves one more thing, Al can't develop and make players better which is ESSENTIAL at the college level! Does it take 1.5 years to teach a kid how to hold on to the ball when you're making $2.7 million per year? Coley should be held responsible too to the highest level.

Reverse logic, Why should you need to be taught by someone who makes 2.7 million dollars to hold onto a ball when you've already been taught fundamentals since kindergarten.

Advertisement
vegan+hershey+kisses.jpg

At the very least he should be getting burn on special teams coverage units!

Gray will get his chance later in the year. And the way you guys are talking about this kid HE BETTER BE READY.

No way Yearby AND Walton can keep up this pace. One of them is going to hit the wall. Me thinks its Walton after he gets through "Murderers Row" of FSU/Vtech/Clemson...That 3 game stretch is going to wear both guys out.

Gray will be depended on in the last half of the year. Bank on it.

I for one cannot hide my exuberance for the kid. He made it academically into UM and works hard. Now, if he had a problem holding the ball then it's the staff JOB to correct and make him into a productive player for UM. If that's not being done then Al and the coaches are INDICTING THEMSELVES as poor teachers of basic skills. This is a fundamental issue to hold on to the ball. The kid is strong, runs tough, punishes defenders, and we need a baller like him in the 3rd and especially fourth quarters to finish the game. It's incredibly OBVIOUS this is what UM is lacking and Chocolate can easily provide this. Not putting him in the game just proves one more thing, Al can't develop and make players better which is ESSENTIAL at the college level! Does it take 1.5 years to teach a kid how to hold on to the ball when you're making $2.7 million per year? Coley should be held responsible too to the highest level.

Reverse logic, Why should you need to be taught by someone who makes 2.7 million dollars to hold onto a ball when you've already been taught fundamentals since kindergarten.

Wait.......the school pays AG 2.7m a year?!!! FOR WHAT?!!!
Since when did college football start paying for on the job training?

Advertisement
Yeah you can tell Choc played qb in high school by the way he carries the ball. Can he catch tho?

Advertisement
Back