Check Out This Roster

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. Also, seems like a lot of these guys want to leave home for college (who can blame them). But that also means that all the national studs probably want to leave home for college too...we just need to focus on those guys and sell the **** out of South Florida.

Lot of kids in Dallas love Miami. Wish we'd recruit there harder (and the right kids, not the TX kids we've been taking under Shannon/Coker).

Bottom line, guys like Therezie, Louis, Gorman, Roberson, Bridgewater, Dubose, Collins, Cooper, Watkins, Brissett, Holliman and on and on need to start being Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Throughout the 80s and 90s, if you look at the roster, you'd fine that about 65% of the roster was made up of in state guys. Of those in state guys, about 60-70% were sofla kids.

http://www.fanbase.com/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-1991/roster

This class had 15 guys from Miami, 8 from Texas, and 10 from the Northeast and were undefeated National Champions. A lot of the national recruits were real contributors too. I'm tired of hearing how Al Golden has to recruit Miami to win titles. Jimmy Johnson recruited nationally, why can't Al?

Al is recruiting nationally and doing a pretty good job (sandland, aqm, dobard, Olsen) and that's perfectly fine, but he has Saigon multiple occasions that (straight from his mouth) "should we not be beating fsu down here, should we not be beating Bama down here" he's made it very clear that he wants to win with south Florida talent, also about JJ, yeah he did recruit nationally, but a big bulk of those kids were local, he wanted to supplement the local talent with national talent, which is, from what I have heard him say, what al wants to do

Bottom line, guys like Therezie, Louis, Gorman, Roberson, Bridgewater, Dubose, Collins, Cooper and on and on need to start being Canes

People need to let bridgewater go, it was a coaching change, it's not easy to keep kids during those, regardless of where you are, but I agree with the rest of the,

Advertisement
Lot of kids in Dallas love Miami. Wish we'd recruit there harder (and the right kids, not the TX kids we've been taking under Shannon/Coker).

Kacy Rodgers, aj high smith lulz

Kids just had the right daddies. (No disrespect intended, I love AJ's effort). Lot of kids in south Dallas love UM.

I miss those days of signing kids from that area. South Dallas - probably ranks in top 5 in the country as far as toughest areas in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back